About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alexandra's Quit Story   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 9/23/15 by alEXsmoker (afrancis333); 31881 views.
In reply toRe: msg 9

Here are my reasons to stop smoking:

1.  My daughter

2.  My husband

3.  My life

4.  My lungs

5.  My health

6.  Hope

7.  Love

8.  Fear

9.  Meeting my grandchildren

10.  Meeting my great grandchildren

Rick342day

9/28/15

Hey Alex,

First congrats on getting though hell week. Also, I do recommend keeping a journal. When I transferred my journal here from the old forum I could really see the growth. And I did a lot of complaining!!!!
But it was all worth it to be over two year free.
Staying quit with you,
Rick

Thanks Rick I'm so glad to have made it thru hell week.  Now into heck week.  I'm so tired.  ??  Hope that emoji works here lol.  I'm freakin' exhausted.  I feel like I could sleep for daaaayyyysssss hahahahaha

In reply toRe: msg 12

I am freaking exhausted!  I'm supposed to be working on contracts, but guess what?!  I don't want to!  All I want to do is sleep for 3 days straight.  Then, I'll be good to go.  Sigh...

In reply toRe: msg 13

I am having chest pains this morning.  SMH.  Please God let this go away quickly.  Amen.

ModJenn (blakwolf013)

10/12/15

(((Alex))),

How are you feeling? Your last post says you were experiencing chest pains. I hope you are doing better. Let us know whenever you get a chance.

Hugs and love, Jenn

Hey Jenn, 

Thanks for asking.  My chest still hurts.  This always happens when I smoke now.  It sucks.  In a way its good though because I honestly think I would not have quit if I never experienced pain in my chest.  I'm hoping it will just subside as it always does after I quit for about 3 months.  Sucks.  I really hope I didn't do permanent damage, but after smoking for 20 years, I wouldn't be surprised.  

I still have my quit though.  For today.  And that's what is important.  Amen.   

ModJenn (blakwolf013)

10/18/15

Hi ((Alex)),

I also had the pain in my chest and reasoned that after 24 years of smoking it's going to take some time for my chest to start clearing itself of the crap I have been continuously putting in there. Although everyone's quit is different perhaps knowing that you aren't the only one can help. At the same time, if it continues or you are worried please go see your doctor and get it checked out. Better safe than sorry and then at least it will  help to put your mind at ease.

How are you doing?

Hugs and love, Jenn

Hey Jenn, 

Thanks so much. I've been stressed out and thinking about smoking again, but I haven't. I just snapped at one of my co-workers. Ugh. I immediately apologized and luckily she was forgiving.

Did your chest pains go away? Did you get checked out? If yes, what were the results?

Thanks again.

xo

Alex

In reply toRe: msg 18

Feeling encouraged today.  Its going to be okay.  All is well.  One moment at a time.