About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alexandra's Quit Story   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 9/23/15 by alEXsmoker (afrancis333); 47736 views.
Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/11/19

I totally understand.  For me now, this is like war.  I’m SO angry cigarettes even exist.  Like, why is this a product?! My mom said they used to think it was good for you back in the day when they first came out, but now we know better - so take it off the freakin market!  Yuck!  “Lets allow people to kill themselves slowly.  There’s a warning on the pack.”  My God!  There’s women on this forum that have smoked pregnant (including myself) that hate themselves for it, but couldn’t stop because of addiction!  What kind of sick f$&@ing world is this?!  Maybe I’m in the anger phase of grief, but I’m p*%#!d.  And for once I’m going to focus my anger where it belongs.  Nicotine.  Nicodemon.  The bad guys.  It’s us verse them.  Let’s win.  </rant>

v

Ssoshwifty22

9/11/19

I felt some of fire dwindling already so I made sure to look at the effects it has again and yes its infuriating. Especially since its technically banned as a tv advertisement and what not they still promote smoking in movies and shows and it really does influence people. I can never watch the show Peaky Blinders ever again on netflix because they smoke every 2 min lol. I literally cant stop baking cookies. I'm going to turn into a cookie if I keep at it. I say this as I'm baking chocolate chip cookies but heck yeah we are gonna win fa show. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks for me! 

Shauna 08/29/2019

Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/12/19

Yay!!! Congratulations on two weeks Shauna!!! heartbeatclapmusclegem

Yes girl keep baking!  One of my dreams for retirement is to have my own cafe with baked goods and then my husband can hang his art in there.  You can bring the cookies - 100% of the profit from the cookie sales goes to you wink

Each cookie you eat and each Reese’s cup I eat represents freedom from the nicodemon.  We will lose the weight later and we won’t lose our lives!  Yippee!!!

Ssoshwifty22

9/12/19

Thank you girl! Aww a bakery sounds cute!! Okayy I'm down with the cookies. I like to think I make the best chocolate chip with white chocolate chip cookies in the world that's so cool your husband does art! I'm not very artistic at all but I can get down on a paint and sip sesh. Yeah I know that once the icky feeling passes it'll be so much easier to work out!! I already have improved lung function! I know you'll keep doing great in this war. Have a blessed day!

Shauna 08/29/2019

Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/12/19

Thanks babe, you too!  I can't wait to try those cookies!  YUM yum

In reply toRe: msg 235
Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/12/19

Okay, I feel like I'm "coming down" off some sugar high.  Maybe I am - I haven't eaten very healthy today.  However, I must say I'm not as excited as I was earlier today.  I guess I'm just tired.  I've been shoo'ing away cravings - it constant battle mode today.  Didn't really think about it, but I think I like to smoke in order to procrastinate.  I went to the gas station to get a diet coke and I bought $20 worth of snacks!  LOL!  Well, at least I didn't smoke.  Se la vie!  Bout to eat another Reese's Cup and keep it movin'.  stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

In reply toRe: msg 236
Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/13/19

Doing ok today.  Had some strong cravings on the way to work - they hit hard, but didn't last long.  Mostly when drivers were being stupid on the road.  I prayed and meditated this morning - that helped.  I had some WEIRD dreams last night.  Ex-boyfriend, some scene that was a mixture of Bird Box, a kung fu movie, pit bulls, and me running away from something - trying to hide and protect my family.  So strange.  Anyways..................

Glad to be free today.  Going to try to get some more work done today than yesterday - slowly building up my tolerance to the real world again.  I do hope this is my last quit - I can't go thru this again - getting too old to play the game with the nicodemon anymore.  

In reply toRe: msg 237
Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/13/19

Saving this...

Tell yourself four things: (1) Smoking is no longer an option regardless of what life throws your way; (2) I am worthy of freedom from this addiction; (3) I can. I will. End of story; and (4) I am stronger than this challenge and this challenge is making me stronger.

In reply toRe: msg 238
Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/13/19

Just realized a few things...

1. I have an overwhelming desire to have like 5 years quit today.  Like, I feel good about my quit today, do I have 5 years yet?  Although, I know this is impossible and I just have to do the journey like everyone else - one day at a time.
  2. My sweet tooth is down today - that is excellent.  I may have Reese's Cupped myself out. 
  3. I'm drinking more water - this helps a lot (iced water, through a straw)
  4. I'm working out more - this helps a lot too.
Brenda (1sept19)

9/13/19

I love reading your journal, Alex.  Pretty much like I could be writing it.  One minute good, next minute iffy and the next, who knows?  BUT you are staying strong and telling Nic to kiss off.  Love it !  Keep kicking butts.