About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alexandra's Quit Story   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 9/23/15 by alEXsmoker (afrancis333); 48105 views.
Ssoshwifty22

9/13/19

My sweet tooth died a little bit too haha I've been eating watermelon instead. I just think about how I used to go through a lot of perfume and lotion to cover up the smell and now I dont have to do that anymore. I don't want to lose this freedom I really love it. One day at a time!

Shauna 08/29/2019

Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/13/19

Lol!  I’ve been eating watermelon too!

Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/13/19

Lol!  I feel like a basket case - thank you!

JohnsonFu

9/14/19

Watermelon?! 

Did you buy it in whole or half? Just curious

Yeah I know its random lol

Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/14/19

Oh yes we bought a whole one and my mother in law cut it all up.  Today I’m eating cookies and cream ice cream yum!

In reply toRe: msg 245
Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/15/19

Ok checking in for today.  Today was rough y’all.  I made it, but my anger was off the chain.  My MIL gave my 4 yo prunes today - so she pooped her pants three times.  My 5 mo would NOT calm down until about 20 mins ago.  I did NOT get to take a nap today bc neither one of them took an afternoon nap.  Ahhhh!!!!  

I just journaled, drank some tea, ate four Reese’s cups, and lit a candle.

There is NO WAY a sickarette would make any of this better.

I’m anxious about going to work tomorrow because my boss has been out for a week and I barely got any work done.  I haven’t been able to concentrate as well with cessation going on.  

I’m just full of self pity and anger.  Oh...wait a minute.  I recognize this behavior/feelings.  It’s a trap.

Ok quick, gratitude.

I’m grateful I got to do a craft with my daughter today - we made a love rainbow for God.  I am grateful my infant is no longer getting nicotine while I nurse her.  I am grateful I have another chance to quit.  I’m grateful my lungs are working.  I’m grateful for my relationship with God.  I am grateful for this forum.  I’m grateful for all my quit buddies.  I’m grateful I have two wonderful jobs.  I’m grateful for clean water and I can afford to feed my children.  I’m grateful for my wonderful husband who puts up with all my BS.  I’m grateful for my Zen as F*ck journal.  I’m grateful for honey citron and ginger tea.  I’m grateful for my new jasmine & patchouli candle.  I’m grateful my baby is sleeping.  I’m grateful I’m about to go to sleep smoke free.  Another drop in the bucket folks!  Goodnight !

Brenda (1sept19)

9/16/19

Great post Alex !  Another day of victory and a lot to be grateful for. You are getting sooo smart !  blush 

Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/16/19

Haha, thanks Brenda.  I honestly feel like I'm losing my sh*& over here, but I appreciate your support!  Thank you!!

In reply toRe: msg 248
Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/16/19

OK I just took an early lunch break because I am dying. The self-pity thoughts, the exhaustion, the constant coughing...I’m so over it.

In reply toRe: msg 249
Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/16/19

About to take a nap in my car.  Hmph!