About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alexandra's Quit Story   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 9/23/15 by alEXsmoker (afrancis333); 45871 views.
JohnsonFu

9/14/19

Watermelon?! 

Did you buy it in whole or half? Just curious

Yeah I know its random lol

Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/14/19

Oh yes we bought a whole one and my mother in law cut it all up.  Today I’m eating cookies and cream ice cream yum!

In reply toRe: msg 245
Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/15/19

Ok checking in for today.  Today was rough y’all.  I made it, but my anger was off the chain.  My MIL gave my 4 yo prunes today - so she pooped her pants three times.  My 5 mo would NOT calm down until about 20 mins ago.  I did NOT get to take a nap today bc neither one of them took an afternoon nap.  Ahhhh!!!!  

I just journaled, drank some tea, ate four Reese’s cups, and lit a candle.

There is NO WAY a sickarette would make any of this better.

I’m anxious about going to work tomorrow because my boss has been out for a week and I barely got any work done.  I haven’t been able to concentrate as well with cessation going on.  

I’m just full of self pity and anger.  Oh...wait a minute.  I recognize this behavior/feelings.  It’s a trap.

Ok quick, gratitude.

I’m grateful I got to do a craft with my daughter today - we made a love rainbow for God.  I am grateful my infant is no longer getting nicotine while I nurse her.  I am grateful I have another chance to quit.  I’m grateful my lungs are working.  I’m grateful for my relationship with God.  I am grateful for this forum.  I’m grateful for all my quit buddies.  I’m grateful I have two wonderful jobs.  I’m grateful for clean water and I can afford to feed my children.  I’m grateful for my wonderful husband who puts up with all my BS.  I’m grateful for my Zen as F*ck journal.  I’m grateful for honey citron and ginger tea.  I’m grateful for my new jasmine & patchouli candle.  I’m grateful my baby is sleeping.  I’m grateful I’m about to go to sleep smoke free.  Another drop in the bucket folks!  Goodnight !

Brenda (1sept19)

9/16/19

Great post Alex !  Another day of victory and a lot to be grateful for. You are getting sooo smart !  blush 

Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/16/19

Haha, thanks Brenda.  I honestly feel like I'm losing my sh*& over here, but I appreciate your support!  Thank you!!

In reply toRe: msg 248
Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/16/19

OK I just took an early lunch break because I am dying. The self-pity thoughts, the exhaustion, the constant coughing...I’m so over it.

In reply toRe: msg 249
Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/16/19

About to take a nap in my car.  Hmph!

In reply toRe: msg 250
Alex (alexsmoker3)

9/16/19

Nap was good.  Feeling a little better.  I just did one of the missions in my Smoke Free App.  Day 20 actually - yay!  The mission was to sit in a comfy chair, put your feet up, and think of how far you've come.  While I was sitting all sorts of weird things went thru my mind.  However, what really stuck in the last minute or so was this thought:  "Its okay to be you.  Its all alright."  Flashes of scenes from my childhood came over me and I realized - I'm ok just as I am.  I don't have to be anyone else.  Nothing is missing.  I don't need to add a cigarette to be cooler.  I don't need to add a drink to "loosen up".  I am perfectly who God created me to be.  And I am unlearning coping mechanisms that helped me get thru childhood that no longer serve me today.  All is well.  I may cry again.  Okay it went away.  (deep breath)  Quitting definitely isn't for sissies, but it is not impossible.  We are totally doing this thing together and I'm so proud of all of us newies that have the guts to come back again and again to try and fight for our lives.  What a terrible, terrible addiction.  I hate it.  And I hate sickarettes.  I love myself today.  The end.

Meredith (GettinFree)

9/16/19

*fans self* omigosh verklempt. Thank you so much, Alex, for showing me maybe it's possible for me to get there, too.

Brenda (1sept19)

9/16/19

Great post, Alex.  Imagine that, we are okay just like we are.....it's quite liberating.  Great post !!