About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alexandra's Quit Story   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 9/23/15 by alEXsmoker (afrancis333); 31853 views.

(Yeah, I see that, loving the new username sugar plum...)

Apparently yesterday was the day for it -- me too. Not weepy or anything, just a medium-sized depression hole. "I'm worthless" and the like. Thankfully this is a lifelong thing and I know to ignore the thoughts and give my depression monster a hug.

And the not getting hardly anything done. I'm super ready to get back to life too, tearing my hair out over here, but not at the cost of my freedom.

Alex (alexsmoker3)

Sep-17

Meredith,

Thank you so much for sharing that. I’m not alone - yay!  Yeah,  I read in my journal  this morning that there are some things that make me feel like a real monster. And then they suggested to pat my little monster on the head LOL. I like the way that you put it about giving your depression monster a hug. I had some good self talk yesterday -  telling the young version of Alex that she’s OK and she is loved and she is perfect just the way she is and I will take good care of her from now on. It was very cathartic to say the least.  Off to yoga now!  xoxo

alreadysick

Sep-17

Can I adopt you as a twin to my 37 y.o. daughter? She would love you and have a blast with you! LOL

Msg 469.263 deleted
Alex (alexsmoker3)

Sep-17

LOL - yes definitely! blush  Yay!  Mama Michele heart_eyes_cat

In reply toRe: msg 265
Brenda (1sept19)

Sep-17

Hello Ladies,

Some days I am a slug, some days I am the energizer rabbit, some days I am Sybil, others the monster from the Black Logoon. What is happening to my brain ?  Then other days I feel at peace, which is lovely.  Hoping for more and more peace filled days.  Proud of us all, ladies. 

Brenda (1sept19)

Sep-17

I guess i am showing my age, Sybil was a movie starring Sally Field. She had a whole truck load of different personalities, you never knew who she was going to be.  Some days I can go from sweet and pleasant to a raving lunatic in about 3 seconds flat.  So, Sybil...

Sweet. I'm a little pop-culture impaired, too, soyaknow.... ;D