About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alexandra's Quit Story   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 9/23/15 by alEXsmoker (afrancis333); 43165 views.
4quitness

10/4/19

Bless your heart 50 times over. It is so hard being a working mom. Being a mom period is a challenge, but you having to deal with a job, being a mom, and also a wife is really a very full plate. Not smoking through all of this......you are a freaking mega beast! I hated using daycare, and my first child was sick ALL the time. Thank God we were finally able to do well enough for me to be a stay at home mom. I will definitely keep you in my prayers as you continue on your journey. I won't use the word 'struggle', as I  think it sounds too negative for you. 

Always in my heart and on my mind,

Mama Michele  :)

alexisfree

10/4/19

4quitness said:

you are a freaking mega beast!

LOL!  Thanks Mama Michele!  To God be the Glory!!

Brenda (1sept19)

10/4/19

alexisfree said:

, I just really needed to vent I guess.  

That's what this space and place is for, Alex.  Vent away.  Your plate does sound very full right now, so hope you can get a peaceful and quiet weekend.  You are rocking your quit though and you smell fantastic.  blush

In reply toRe: msg 282
alexisfree

10/14/19

Going thru the motions again.  I think self pity is my favorite character flaw with which to play...

"I didn't get enough sleep.  Woe is me!"  You know what Alex, CHILLAX!  LOTS of people don't get enough rest.  What about all the single moms out there?  Chin up butter cup!  Maybe get the girls and go for a walk when you guys get home and then try to get to bed early.  That will be nice.  With a cup of hot tea.  All is well...just need to take it one day at a time.  We're almost to bed time.  I love sleep so much.  I wish I could sleep from now until when I get my key and join the clubhouse.  I also have anxiety that I'm not doing my second job correctly.  So, that sucks.  Sigh...just not a good day I guess.  Moving forward...just have to finish up today at work (20 more mins) and then I can go get my girls.  I hope they had a good day.  Thank you Lord for this day, for this is the day the Lord has made and I will be glad in it and rejoice.  Amen.  Whew...okay...here we go...smirk_cat

• Edited October 14, 2019 4:42 pm  by  alexisfree
Brenda (1sept19)

10/15/19

Today's a new day !  Hope you got a good night's sleep and you have a terrific day. 

alexisfree

10/15/19

Today is a new day and I feel so much better.  The girls were so sleepy yesterday too!  When we all got home everyone went STRAIGHT to bed.  Hallelujah!  Now, just gotta make it thru tonight :)

Brenda (1sept19)

10/16/19

How did you do, Alex ?  Hope life is being kind to you.  Even Super Moms can use a break now and again.  blush   

alexisfree

10/16/19

So, I feel like I'm hanging on by a thread.  I ran a bunch of errands at lunch, but I don't think I needed to, but I did any way.  Then, that took me away from work, so now I'm stressed about being behind at work.  And my husband has a conference this weekend that he wants me to be at with him all day.  AND the grandparents are leaving Monday and I don't know how I'm going to get everything done without their help!  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for asking.  LOL!!

Brenda (1sept19)

10/17/19

alexisfree said:

I ran a bunch of errands at lunch, but I don't think I needed to, but I did any way.  Then, that took me away from work, so now I'm stressed about being behind at work. 

I so get it.  Many times I think I bring about my own stress trying to do it all in as little time as possible. Sometimes I have to just tell myself to BREATHE AND SLOW DOWN.  I think stress was what made me self medicate many times. scream Having to learn new ways to deal with it.