About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alexandra's Quit Story   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 9/23/15 by alEXsmoker (afrancis333); 31883 views.
In reply toRe: msg 297
alexisfree

Nov-11

Feeling so gross right now.  Sore throat and coughing.  Its the pits.  I know smoking would just make it worse.  Just want to sleep.  Maybe the icky third month is upon me?  I have two months and two weeks - so it seems probable.  No real cravings to smoke, but just more self pity and anxiety and depression.  I drank a lot of tea today and I think its helping.  I also ordered some more of my fave tea online.  So that's good.  I may make some honey lemon tea tonight - that should help.  I really need to get some work done, but feeling unmotivated.  What's really bumming me out is the fact that I got a bad report from the doc on my cholesterol.  Its high.  And I don't want to take medication for it.  But at this point, I don't see an alternative.  I've tried for years to get it down with diet and even at my lowest weight it was still high.  So, do I just take the medication?  He's giving me three more months.  I kind of just want to cancel my appointment for follow up and not go back to him ever again - cause that's helpful right?  Ugh...

Haajas75

Nov-11

I say go take walk in sun....relax...enjoy.....repeat

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-12

alexisfree said:

I kind of just want to cancel my appointment for follow up and not go back to him ever again - cause that's helpful right?  Ugh...

Aww, you make me laugh !   I think take the meds...Some of us seem to be predisposed to get these gifts from our parents or just for the heck of it.  My Doc put me on a low dose and it has taken care of the problem and have had no side effects. Hopefully that would be the case for you.  Hope the icky sickness is getting better and life is improving.  A walk in the sunshine sounds good and the sneaker prom.....,got to get better for that.  Sending big hugs your way.  We are both still kickin' ciggy butt, so we are stronger than we think.blush 

alexisfree

Nov-12

Brenda (1sept19) said:

My Doc put me on a low dose and it has taken care of the problem and have had no side effects.

Awesome!  I will try it on the next appointment if it hasn't improved enough.  He said to let the baby get a few more months of breast milk and then we'll decide in February.  I'll probably just get on the medication - I don't know why I'm so anti medication.  If it can help me?  Shoot!  Thank you so much for sharing your story - this makes me feel more comfortable taking it.  I just love you to pieces Brenda.  You're always so helpful. I'm glad you're my quit smoking friend/sister.  xoxo

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-13

alexisfree said:

I just love you to pieces Brenda.  You're always so helpful. I'm glad you're my quit smoking friend/sister.  xoxo

Awww, Thank you Sweety.  Right back at you and you made my day !!  We are getting down this road together. blush