About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alexandra's Quit Story   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 9/23/15 by alEXsmoker (afrancis333); 60638 views.
Brenda (1sept19)

9/7/20

That has got to be the cutest key I ever did see !!  I love it !!

alexisfree

9/7/20

Thank you!!  So how do we make it to two years now?? Hahaha

alexisfree

Jul-8

Brenda, how are you?!  I've been coming on here again lately...miss you.  xo

In reply toRe: msg 382
alexisfree

Jul-8

So, coming to my journal just to check in.  Closing in on two years and it has been crazy town for a while (world news, global pandemic, family deaths, etc.).  However, we do make it thru.  Now, I'm taking on another adventure of self-awareness.  Maybe that is why I'm coming back to the forum lately?  Hmmm...anyways...I am going thru therapy and another step program to gain more peace, serenity and perspective in my life.  I've found out that I have been in a ton of denial and that has led me to living in a delusional world.  So weird to think...I didn't know "ignorance" was "denial".  I thought you had to actually know something and then choose to ignore it.  But I was wrong.  I have had stuff buried inside me - I think I did it as a form of survival before.  And now that I'm starting to heal and feel safe, I am able to process it better and be okay and not reach out to a substance for avoidance or escaping.  So, that's where I'm at today.  I hope you beautiful people are doing well.  xoxo

Jatchat

Jul-8

Hi Alex,

I just wanted to drop you a line and say how much I enjoyed your posts and journey quitting the smokes, I have read the whole thread in one sitting, and can I say that your tribute to your Father touched me, and I could relate to it, I lost my Father in 2019, he was much loved and I miss him heaps.

Congratulations on your quit, almost 2 Years hoot hoot!

Anthony

4th July 2021

alexisfree

Jul-8

Oh Anthony thank you so much that just made my day. xo blush

Jatchat

Jul-8

Your welcome Alex