About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alexandra's Quit Story   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 9/23/15 by alEXsmoker (afrancis333); 48048 views.
In reply toRe: msg 6

I started smoking when I was like 11 years old. I thought it was so cool.  My dad smoked.  I thought he was so cool too.  He smoked Kools.  I can't believe it has taken 22 years to be rid of this terrible addiction.  This should not be allowed to be on the market.  It is a terrible thing.  I am so angry.  I know I made my own choices, but not really.  Stupid tobacco companies.  Stupid greed.  Anywho...

In reply toRe: msg 7

I got one week!  Yay!  So happy to be free again.  I did have some smoking thoughts this morning, but nothing I couldn't overcome with the help of this forum.  Thank God for you people.  I was thinking too...I think that I like support groups because I get to talk about myself all the time.  I am so self-centered.  Yikes!  I may need to start reading or something.  LOL.

In reply toRe: msg 8

More venting here!  I'm just sitting at work listening to people work while I'm on this forum and having chest pains.  It is absolutely hilarious to me that I still want a cig after all this.  Ugh.

In reply toRe: msg 9

Here are my reasons to stop smoking:

1.  My daughter

2.  My husband

3.  My life

4.  My lungs

5.  My health

6.  Hope

7.  Love

8.  Fear

9.  Meeting my grandchildren

10.  Meeting my great grandchildren

Rick342day

9/28/15

Hey Alex,

First congrats on getting though hell week. Also, I do recommend keeping a journal. When I transferred my journal here from the old forum I could really see the growth. And I did a lot of complaining!!!!
But it was all worth it to be over two year free.
Staying quit with you,
Rick

Thanks Rick I'm so glad to have made it thru hell week.  Now into heck week.  I'm so tired.  ??  Hope that emoji works here lol.  I'm freakin' exhausted.  I feel like I could sleep for daaaayyyysssss hahahahaha

In reply toRe: msg 12

I am freaking exhausted!  I'm supposed to be working on contracts, but guess what?!  I don't want to!  All I want to do is sleep for 3 days straight.  Then, I'll be good to go.  Sigh...

In reply toRe: msg 13

I am having chest pains this morning.  SMH.  Please God let this go away quickly.  Amen.

ModJenn (blakwolf013)

10/12/15

(((Alex))),

How are you feeling? Your last post says you were experiencing chest pains. I hope you are doing better. Let us know whenever you get a chance.

Hugs and love, Jenn

Hey Jenn, 

Thanks for asking.  My chest still hurts.  This always happens when I smoke now.  It sucks.  In a way its good though because I honestly think I would not have quit if I never experienced pain in my chest.  I'm hoping it will just subside as it always does after I quit for about 3 months.  Sucks.  I really hope I didn't do permanent damage, but after smoking for 20 years, I wouldn't be surprised.  

I still have my quit though.  For today.  And that's what is important.  Amen.