About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alexandra's Quit Story   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 9/23/15 by alEXsmoker (afrancis333); 66687 views.
JoJoMn

11/27/15

Alex, sent you a PM. 

Jo***

In reply toRe: msg 72

Okay.  Apparently it was all in my mind.  LOL.  The weekend as a whole turned out really well.  So, I am grateful.  And I am grateful I didn't smoke.  Amen.  Here's to another day smoke free.  xo

In reply toRe: msg 74

I got very overwhelmed this morning and hit a wall.  I feel embarrassed, but no one seemed to really notice except me.  I'm starting to think I'm a very intense person.  LOL.

youdi

12/3/15

LOL ... everything is acceptable if we stick to NOPE...

In reply toRe: msg 76

Just checking in.  I got busy with the blessings and have not checked in.  I'm happy to report that I am another month smoke free.  This morning was a train wreck in my mind, but all I could think about was checking in here with the forum - not smoking at all.  Thank God.  I honestly believe I'm over accepting smoking as any kind of solution to my problems.  LOL.  We'll see.  I'm just glad to be noping today.  blush

ModJenn (blakwolf013)

12/28/15

Hi ((Alex)),

Congratulations on one month smoke-free!!! You are doing great. Keep working on that mindset about smoking. There is nothing pleasurable about smoking. It doesn't solve any problems. Smoking is no longer an option...and you are on this journey heading in the right direction!

Hugs and love, Jenn

MomandNana

12/28/15

I've been thinking about you and I'm so happy to hear your quit is still safe. I believe in you Alex! Keep fighting and just don't smoke today.  :-)

Kim 3*

slowblumer

1/6/16

Hi Alex,

I saw a post from you this morning.  Way to go- 3 weeks.  I know you can do this. 

Yesterday, I was watching an interview with Ray Lewis who was a linebacker with the Baltimore Ravens and very successful.  Before he became well know, he got into trouble and it almost ended his career.  He was talking about the emotional and mental pain and said that, "sometimes you just have to go through it, not around it and no detours but through it to get to the other side".  I think we can all relate to that in our quits.

Hey Marge, 

Good to hear from you!  I've been going thru some stuff this week already.  Baby girl started daycare on Monday.  What a mess that has been.  But it is a transition and we will get thru it.  I think I'm almost at 2 months quit again.  Thank God!

xo

Alex

slowblumer

1/6/16

Hi Alex,

Oh rough, baby starting daycare can really put the family up in the air for a few days. I went through it with my daughter twice.  It's hard for the mom so be kind to yourself.  After the transition it will get easier.  The biggest problem with daycare is all the germs they give each other:) and you, by the way.

Remember that slow deep breathing and distraction as soon as an urge comes.  We are building new associations and strengths.  It's not for the faint of heart for sure but once you get your power back, you will never want to go back into bondage to nicotine.   Patience is absolutely vital in our quit, sort of how we must be patient with a two year old.  It's not easy but the rewards are great. 

I hope you like the daycare you are using.  Expect her to get sick within two weeks:))