About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alexandra's Quit Story   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 9/23/15 by alEXsmoker (afrancis333); 49787 views.
ModJenn (blakwolf013)

12/28/15

Hi ((Alex)),

Congratulations on one month smoke-free!!! You are doing great. Keep working on that mindset about smoking. There is nothing pleasurable about smoking. It doesn't solve any problems. Smoking is no longer an option...and you are on this journey heading in the right direction!

Hugs and love, Jenn

MomandNana

12/28/15

I've been thinking about you and I'm so happy to hear your quit is still safe. I believe in you Alex! Keep fighting and just don't smoke today.  :-)

Kim 3*

slowblumer

1/6/16

Hi Alex,

I saw a post from you this morning.  Way to go- 3 weeks.  I know you can do this. 

Yesterday, I was watching an interview with Ray Lewis who was a linebacker with the Baltimore Ravens and very successful.  Before he became well know, he got into trouble and it almost ended his career.  He was talking about the emotional and mental pain and said that, "sometimes you just have to go through it, not around it and no detours but through it to get to the other side".  I think we can all relate to that in our quits.

Hey Marge, 

Good to hear from you!  I've been going thru some stuff this week already.  Baby girl started daycare on Monday.  What a mess that has been.  But it is a transition and we will get thru it.  I think I'm almost at 2 months quit again.  Thank God!

xo

Alex

slowblumer

1/6/16

Hi Alex,

Oh rough, baby starting daycare can really put the family up in the air for a few days. I went through it with my daughter twice.  It's hard for the mom so be kind to yourself.  After the transition it will get easier.  The biggest problem with daycare is all the germs they give each other:) and you, by the way.

Remember that slow deep breathing and distraction as soon as an urge comes.  We are building new associations and strengths.  It's not for the faint of heart for sure but once you get your power back, you will never want to go back into bondage to nicotine.   Patience is absolutely vital in our quit, sort of how we must be patient with a two year old.  It's not easy but the rewards are great. 

I hope you like the daycare you are using.  Expect her to get sick within two weeks:))

Yikes!  Thanks for the warning.  :)  LOL.  She just got the 2nd half of her flu shot, so I'm sure that will make her crumby too.  Poor thing.  I appreciate all your support Marge, you're the best!  xo  Oh, and btw...I'll plan to take a bubble bath this weekend - its my belly button birthday on Sunday! :D

slowblumer

1/9/16

Hi Alex,

Hiw did the week go with baby girl in daycare?  I hope it was ok.  It's a big transition, esp for mommy.

Happy belly button birthday tomorrow.  BTW, it that baby girl's BD.?

Keep strong.  Imagine, your little girl will never know you used to smoke.  Won't that be nice.  I smoked when my kids were growing up(big regret) and all my children took it up  and so far only one has quit.  Don't be me.

Hey Marge, thank you so much for checking in. I almost smoked a cigarette yesterday. I was really craving a lot. But I didn't do it. I should have checked in here on the forum but I was too busy lol. That sounds terrible. Anyway is my belly button birthday is the day I was born. And that was tomorrow. Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! Baby girl did really well at daycare towards the end of the week. She's starting to adjust to a new environment. I even got a report from the ladies there with her with no tears :-). I would love it if she never knew I smoked. That would be a true blessing. Thank you for your continued support! XO Alex

lm2015

1/9/16

Hey Alex,

I read that you "almost smoked".  If you have cigs around get rid of them.  Too easy to relapse or slip if they are available.  Please get rid of them.

Glad you overcame the crave, but if the cigs are around, next time you may give in to the junkie thinking.  Do you really want to start over with this process again after you have come so far?  Like you say

"What if you abandon the journey today and the peace would have come tomorrow."

Stay strong,

Laura 10boom

slowblumer

1/11/16

Hi Alex,

I hope you had a great birthday and maybe even got a great gift?  We celebrate our birthdays because they are special.  Our quit date is special too, it is like a rebirth.  

http://quitsmoking.about.com/od/relapse/qt/justone.htm