About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Hit 4 months!    Dots and Stars Milestones

Started 7/16/19 by cmw0822; 2175 views.

Hi Cheryl, 

I just hit 4 months and 8 days.  I was wondering what you felt like reaching 4 months.  I’m still feeling foggy headed, and not like myself.  When did you start to feel some relief?

sweetstuff76

Dec-9

Sounds like you are dealing with a lot of anxiety symptoms , you are moving around the forum desperate for reassurance that things get easier , they do but you also need to relax a little and move with the process , everyone is different so it takes as long as it takes and it’s always one day at a time . It is really difficult but if you can you need to try stop body checking and focusing on how bad you feel because this will only make the anxiety worse .

cmw0822

Dec-9

Hi Lainie. Congrats on the 4 months..every day you stay  anti.smoke is a victory! Yes, at 4 months I was fuzzy headed a lot .and was very grouchy. But all this passes over time..we all process nicotine out of our systems differently.. some faster than others.  Kicking the nicodeamon out of our life is hard but not nearly as hard as it will be on our health in the long run. Stay smoke free and be proud of your efforts!! I just hit 8 months and I love it!!  Say NOPE..not one puff ever!! Happy smoke free holidays to you....Cheryl

• Edited December 9, 2019 6:33 am  by  cmw0822
cmw0822

Dec-9

Forgot to say.. I felt relief at about 5 months.  Things turned better then. 

AsadAKhan

Dec-9

Hello,

Is it 3 months and 8 days for you or 4 months and 8 days. How are you feeling now?

Regards,

Asad

I’m sorry.  I’ve completed a full 3 months and am 8 days into the fourth month.  I still feel like crap.  Still fog brain, anxiety, etc.   I guess I’m trying to psychologically push myself  ahead.

AsadAKhan

Dec-9

Hello,

I know counting days is not easy. I am past 8 months and I can ensure you that I cannot tell you the exact day I am of quit without looking into the quit smoking application on my cell phone. 

Hang in there and you will be fine. Try to get away from smoking though if you can do that or do get some anxiety medicine through doctor for next few months. It is not that bad to use any aid which can give you ease. I got medicine during 2nd month but never used it until 3rd month and then get away from it in 4-5th month (for 30-40 odd days).

You need to remember one thing i.e. if you go back then you have to go through all this effort again and it is not easy and all of these people (who have comfort in there quit) are not lying. It does get better with time and you are very close to it.

Regards,

Asad Khan

AsadAKhan

Dec-9

Just to give you an idea this is what I wrote on 8-July-2019 in forum i.e. 110 day of my quit. 

Hello March 2019 group,

I hope you all have a good weekend. My Sunday was really bad. I will say really really bad after so many days. Through out the day I have a big urge of missing something and in between got some real cravings for cigarette as well.

It was day 110 for me and I am not sure when real comfort will come. However I am committed to my resolve of not to smoke again or not to take nicotine again in any form. I hope it stays like this.

After 100+ days I don't want to go back to smoke in any case. All I want is to feel good about it and get some comfort.

Regards.

Asad

Thank you Asad.  No, I won’t go back.  The main reason I had to quit was the tumor in my mouth.  I’m just hoping  I start feeling more like myself soon.  Doubt if I make it for Christmas, though.  You said you felt relief at 3 1/2 months,
I think or 130 days.

AsadAKhan

Dec-9

I will say 130+ days. But again everyone is different. I read about lot of people feeling better at 100+ days and some taking more time. I think it depends on what your feel better threshold is.

I also think that the resolve makes a lot of difference. I quit because I want to quit as I don't want smoking to cause health issues for me plus it is getting very expensive here in Canada to smoke.

Don't make reason of quit as tumor only as IF you still want to smoke if there is no tumor. Hate this thing which make this tumor in your mouth and speak loud to yourself that I quit because I hate it. I know it looks illogical but it works.