About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Where is everyone from?   General Chit-Chat

Started 8/26/19 by Jan2185; 5847 views.
In reply toRe: msg 29

I'm from Toronto Ontario Canada. Coming up to my 6th year smoke free and kicking my own butt at the gym now. 

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Ssoshwifty22

9/4/19

Wow that's so cheap. California is at $9.75-$10.35 for name brand and maybe you can find some off brands for like $8.00. That's exactly part of the reason why I quit and it will only get higher from here. That's why I remind myself the next cigarette I smoke is worth $10,000, because that's how much I would end up spending if I fail now! Might help someone to see it that way!

I'm near Denver, CO, US

In reply toRe: msg 33
CindiS319

9/6/19

I am from Northeastern Ohio.  I also read Alan Carr's book and agree with what everyone said on here.  He had some good points.  I read it about a month after I already quit.  I also used Chantix for the first 4 months.  I also read EVERY article someone posted and watched every video I could.  I wanted to keep myself ANGRY at the tobacco companies and marketing and at myself for wasting money and hurting my body for 40 years.  Did that on a regular basis to keep myself motivated to stay quit.  My husband still smokes and now I rarely even thing about it.  His smoking just basically annoys me.  And most importantly, I stayed close to this forum and my Feb/March 2018 quit buddies (who are all still here).  Actually there's 3 of us that quit the same day and are still here.  Those of you still going through the hard times, just keep taking it day by day.  You can do this!

• Edited September 6, 2019 1:41 pm  by  CindiS319
In reply toRe: msg 34
SusanK1960

1/4/20

Hi, thought this was interesting, so recirculating it.

I live in Farmington, NM US

turtles

1/5/20

Atlanta, Georgia 

Araec

1/5/20

I'm from Ireland 

In reply toRe: msg 37
Arielle2019

1/5/20

I am Swedish and live in Sweden now since a few years but have lived all over the world. For example, I lived in Ireland for nearly a decade. 

Matt1961

1/5/20

Portland, Oregon.

I spent some time in and around Farmington, NM when I was a student in Denver back in the late 1980's.  I no doubt bought a pack or two of cigarettes there.  Sure wish I would have just been a visiting nonsmoker!