About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Where is everyone from?   General Chit-Chat

Started 8/26/19 by Jan2185; 5538 views.
Arielle2019

Jan-6

For me it's just been work or studies, no military or mission work relaxed

Arielle2019

Jan-6

I've lived in ZA, breathtaking nature and the animal life over there is fascinating!! 

Where are you from? 

I lived in Cape Town, although it's a very long time ago now.... 

DanJF3

Jan-6

St. Louis, Missouri here.

VIVSMOKEFREE

Jan-7

North Coast NSW Australia in Grafton

Jatchat

Jan-8

South Coast NSW Australia in Nowra

Kind regards

Anthony

jos67

Jan-9

Antwerp - Belgium here

Loreficent

Jan-13

Hi, I’m in Portland too and today is my first day. Having a little difficulty figuring out the forum, but saw a fellow quitter in PDX and wanted to say hi!

Matt1961

Jan-13

Hi Loreficent, and welcome to the forum!!  This is a wonderful place, and I attribute my success, as limited as it is so far, to this and Allen Carr's book.  There are great people on here, and all of us are going through this together.

I struggled with the forum a bit at first, too, and posted in the wrong place, but everyone is very forgiving, and I quickly learned.

Just click on the menu on the left and hit Reply at will.  Also, there are terrific articles on here to help you along.

Majomar

Jan-20

I'm from Montenegro (former Yugoslavia). 

Struggling for three weeks now... I quit cold turkey and where I live, there is no other option, no nicotine replacement therapy, no therapy or support of any kind. I rely on my resolution and support I find in reading articles on the internet. That is how I discovered this forum.

My mother died three months ago, she was a heavy smoker, it literally destroyed her. I was by her side.

I might be too traumatized and stressed out to quit so soon after what's happened, but the stress brought health problems which cigarettes only made worse for me, so I just had to stop delaying the moment I quit. And  I just quit. And she'd be so so happy for me, she wanted me to quit so badly.

I'm having really hard time these days, crying and being miserable all the time, but I try to hang on...

Hope we all make it...

Maja <3

P.S. English is not my mother tongue, and I rarely use it actively, so I apologise for mistakes I make.

Brenda (1sept19)

Jan-21

Maja,

Hang in there, it really will get much better and you will be so glad you quit.   I also quit cold turkey and glad that I did.  Take it one day at a time and don't worry about the future or the past, just concentrate on today.  You can do this and you will be proud of yourself for doing it.  Wishing you all the best.