About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Where is everyone? (July 2019)   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Sep-6 by alreadysick; 487 views.
QuitJul19

Nov-18

Just checking in! Today is 130 days and it finally seems to be getting better. I found some energy again and my mood has improved. I still have some cravings and at times they are severe. I also have more time I don't think about it all so that's a major improvement. It seems I may actually make it!! How is everyone else feeling?

Hi,  Thank you for reaching out..  I am doing about the same as you.  Not as depressed, not a craving everyday but when i do get one look out, i feel like i will cave in, i really have to calm myself !!  All in all i think i have surprised myself with quiting!!   I was sitting in a waiting room today over half the people came in had cigarette odor!!  I was so thankful that wasn't me anymore.  

Happy that your quit is coming along for you.  Keep the quit if u need any support just message always here to listen!!.

Hoping all is well with our fellow july quit group.

July 25

Jpatrick1996

Nov-19

Hello there!

I'm still chugging along (4 over 4 calendar months now) completely smoke free - NOPE has served me well.

Cravings are occasional for me now, and quite controllable. I know I smell better because I too can now smell smokers after they have had their fix, even the clothing of a smoker REALLY STINKS. I take the stairs rather than elevator always, as part of my new life. I have also continued and enhanced my exercise regimen. Trying to get the most out of life, it's much easier without dragging the smoking ball and chain around! Essentially, I am extremely grateful for making it this far with the help of some forum users when I really needed it.

Life is so much better without having to daily deal with an active addiction!

Overall - Win, Win, Win!!

Thanks to all.

Patrick

Quit - July 16th, 2019

Congratulations Patrick! You have gotten through the toughest months! Keep up the great job and stay on guard for those Just One moments. It's great to get to a point in our quits where we actually see and feel the benefits of quitting. You'll still get craves that come out of nowhere but these first months taught us how powerful this addiction truly screwed up our brain chemistry. I wish you great success in your quit journey.

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013