About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Day 1’ner   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started 10/31/19 by cbeel5; 2568 views.
SusanK1960

11/12/19

Yeah, I smoked with windows down and car does not have ash tray.  Maybe will have the car detailed as a reward.

Belinda2019

11/12/19

At least you’ll have the $$ now from not smoking. It’s nice to be able to treat yourself xx

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

11/13/19

I have been this quit road before. As a result I have many tubes of handcream.  Softest hands on the block lol.  It proves a great filler insteadof smoking.

By the way. I think I smell good too.

Talk later.

Viv

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

11/13/19

The last pkt of cigs I bought in aust was34 dollars for 20.  That did me.

good we don't smoke anymore.

Viv

Quitalicious

11/13/19

Great that you forgo alcohol, it's incompatible with quitting. 

I like your attitude. It's like going through a journey where you sit back and observe how your body slowly recovers, how your mind readjusts back to normal and healthy you. It was kind of fascinating to go through this process. Curiosity about how everything changes is a pretty cool motive to keep going. And curiosity didn't just kill the cat, it helps kill the smoking habit, too.

The cig companies are evil, pure and simple. To make money off of people's misery, suffering, and disease is right up there.

SusanK1960

11/13/19

LOL I’m sure you have very soft hands!

Oh, I am so addicted to hand cream even as a smoker!  I live in high desert and very low humidity, so my skin is always dry.  Also, every time I smoked, I would wash my hands.  Not an OCD kinda thing (At least I don’t think it was), but it was to get rid of some of smoke smell. Kinda like gun residue.

SusanK1960

11/13/19

Is that 34 American dollars for a pack?  

im not that well versed on worldly matters, so if my question seems stupid, it is cause I am a bit naive, so please don’t take offense.

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

11/13/19

I definitely don't take offence.  It is Australian dollars  a pack of 20 only......a large pack is 40 odd Aust dollars.......

How are you doing?

Viv

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

11/13/19

Ha you said right that the cig smell is kinda like gunshot..

You seem to be doing well with your quit....

Love it

Viv