About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Anyone else out there using the patch??   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Nov-2 by Jonny84; 1247 views.
Jonny84

Nov-2

Just curious to see what kind of withdrawal symptoms you are experiencing

I've got cravings still -- dry mouth -- anxiety -- stomach problems/constipation -- on and off headaches -- very rare sore throats -- not sleeping well 

Msg 5224.2 deleted
overdoz

Nov-2

Yeah the are normal responses, anxiety (keep busy, get a membership at the gym, headaches (the body is clearing all the bad chemicals out), constipation (eat more fiber) drink water. 

Maybe cut out coffee, i just have one in the morning, when we dont smoke we dont need that much coffee and something about the nicotine being able to handle more coffee, i learned that real early on and drink tea later or decaf. 

Jonny84

Nov-2

Thank you so much for the reply!  I was reading about nicotine withdrawal and wasn't taking into consideration all the other chemicals clearing out causing issues.  Thank You!!

overdoz said:

I made a mistake once to put it on and then a few hours later took a nap and had terrible nightmare.

I actually enjoy the dreams on patches.

Huge, epic, vivid blockbuster dreams!

I'm the lead protagonist in my very own episode of Game of Thrones every night.

Best thing about patches, for me.

Are these 24 hour patches or 16 hour ones?

The 16 hour patches have less Nicotine, but it is released faster.  The 24 hour ones have more, but a slower release rate.

I have found the 24 hour ones work better for me.  I don't know what brands you have, but I use Nicabate.

Try another brand if you're having trouble, or try a different dosage.

Jonny84

Nov-3

I use whatever the Walgreens generic brand is.  I think its a 24 hour 1.  I'm going to try to step down to Step 3 this week.  Its just a hard process - I need to remember to just be patient

MarkOU812

Nov-3

I'm with you on the dreams. They're great

First time in years I remember dreaming. 

10/13/2019 I stopped poisoning myself 

Mark

MarkOU812

Nov-3

Hey Jonny

Think I'm going to run it out per instructions. 6 weeks, 2, and 1. I wore them at nite the 1st week (great dreams for me). Take it off about 9pm on about an hour after I'm up. Sometimes forget ends up 2-3 hours. I figure no need to rush, this is a process. Good luck, keep the faith.

10/13/2019 I stopped poisoning myself 

Mark