About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Feeling normal   General Chit-Chat

Started Nov-8 by Lainie (elaineadele); 265 views.
Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-9

Every quit is different but they are referring to the icky threes.  3 days, 3 weeks and 3 months.  These are just times that can be tougher than usual and you might have to be extra strong.  Read everything you can find on this site, it will educate you about this process and will help you to be prepared for whatever might come about.  It helps to take out some of the fear about quitting.

SusanK1960

Nov-9

Hi,

I learned something thru grief that I think applies here.  Being on the quit journey is a change from your normal. You will have a new normal.  

Embrace the new you!

Susan

MarkOU812

Nov-11

Well put Susan

I was 15 when I started 39 years ago. I cant remember what I felt like smoke free. However I am quite certain it was better then I felt a month ago, which was worse then I feel now, and i am certain now is no where near as good as I will feel in the future.

I think I will embrace this as the new me.

Mark

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-12

MarkOU812 said:

However I am quite certain it was better then I felt a month ago, which was worse then I feel now, and i am certain now is no where near as good as I will feel in the future.

Well put !!! I totally agree !