About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

3 Weeks Down   General Chit-Chat

Started Nov-9 by Belinda2019; 388 views.
Belinda2019

Nov-9

Hi everyone

Just saying ‘hi’.....I’m new here, stopped smoking cold turkey 18th October and am going well. I find the cravings bite hard over the weekend when I’m bored, or after work on the long commute home. Usually I lie on the couch until they pass lol and always have a bag of black jelly beans to munch on in the car....

This quit for me has got a very different feel about it, it’s like I have a quiet determination this time. I was a 15/day smoker for about 38 years and now I am grateful for every day smoke free. NOPE

MarkOU812

Nov-9

CONGRATULATIONS on 3 weeks Belinda

Be 4 weeks tomorrow for me. Doing well also. I will say switching to sugar free candy seemed to help for me.

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-9

Belinda2019 said:

it’s like I have a quiet determination this time

I understand exactly what you mean.  Congrats on your quit and keep being grateful for your quit.  That and one day at a time will get you to freedom.  You can do this !!

Hello belinda.  Congratulations on 3 weeks.  You seem really determined.  Welcome to the forum. You will find answers to most questions on this wonderful forum. Hope to see you around.

Vivienne

Quit 24th Aug 19

In reply toRe: msg 4
Belinda2019

Nov-10

Thank you all for your kind words - still NOPE

SusanK1960

Nov-10

Congratulations on 3 weeks.

MarkOU812

Nov-11

Well done Belinda.