About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

3 months quit   Quit Support

Started Nov-12 by Lainie (elaineadele); 352 views.

I am approaching 3 months quit.  Still anxious.  When will this get better?   I still feel like my mind isn’t clear.

Belinda2019

Nov-12

Wow! That is amazing! Go you!! I’m at 27 days blush and the longest I’ve gone is 6months (without support). 

I found I’d get a foggy brain and feel quite light headed every few weeks, literally couldn’t string two words or thoughts together at times! In hindsight, I’m putting it down to receptors gradually shutting down, then all of a sudden there’s a massive shutdown which gives you the brain fog for a few days. I have caved at these points previously, and not only did the brain fog not go, but then came the self recrimination, stinkyness etc.

Are you using anything to help? I’ve done cold turkey this time, because I’ve found (with experience) that I feel better sooner. And I’ve done the lot - patches, lozenges, gum, tablets, hypnosis. For me it’s cold turkey that has worked the best in the past. I’m also finding YouTube meditations quite helpful to relax, soothe and help me go to sleep

Keep on going, remember NOPE and talk to everyone here as much as possible - you’re not alone xx

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Nov-12

Hello  congratulations on approaching 3mnths.  I suffer from anxiety

Funny thing this time i  don't have it.  Ihave had some failed quits but just looking forward this time. 

Movement helps anxiety. Exercise, gym walking.

Hoping you find a way through.

Viv

I went cold turkey too.  I would just like to know when I will start feeling like myself again.

Belinda2019

Nov-12

It’s funny you say that - I’ve suffered with anxiety my whole life too, and this time I’m fine...much more relaxed about it all. Which is definitely not how it’s been in the past. This time it’s like I’m quietly determined...

Belinda2019

Nov-12

I guess it’s different for us all. For me it’s waking up in the morning and not craving a cig. Or getting home with the groceries and packing them away without the desire for a cig first. For me it’s the absence of the desire for a cig, full stop. 
I still think about them, often. But over the last day or so I’ve noticed that I’m thinking about them marginally less. But it can be like waves, I guess. Sometimes it’s the only thing you think about, then other times you realise it’s been ages since you thought about it. A bit like breaking up with someone I guess xx

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Nov-13

My hubby always says "its all in the mind"   It is in a way.Thing is  our mind right now is being trained to think about all the positive things awaiting us.

Talk later       Aussie Viv