About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Anxiety Super High!!!!!   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Nov-12 by Jonny84; 623 views.
Jonny84

Nov-12

I'm at 19 days smoke free.  My anxiety is so high - I can't focus on anything else except for a cigarette.  Why am I so convinced that will make me feel better????   I am pretty much freaking out.  1 will probably lead to more - but I don't really know what else to do.  HELP!!!!!!!  

Quitalicious

Nov-12

Hi. Sorry you have to go through this. I also had this weird feeling...I don't think I can quite call it the 'a' word...it was more of just restlessness...and underneath it all - it was this fat big ugly masked craving. What craving management techniques do you have handy?

Jonny84

Nov-12

i'm sucking on a pen and walking around cleaning - lol  I think i'm actyually might make it???????????  my mind is all over the damn place -- this is the worst its been since I quit.  Crazy intense.  I also have some form of health anxiety - which made it worse -- WHY DO I THINK 1 CIGARETTE WILL MAKE EVERTYHING BETTER???  ITS SO STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quitalicious

Nov-12

You can do it. I believe in you. Cleaning is a great way to fight this weak moment. I had really bad restless moments,too. I also felt so much despair ("Why can't I just have a cigarette?") I wanted to cry. But you have a million reasons to quit, no? Also, a nicotine craving is almost identical to hunger cravings. So if you make sure you are never hungry these first days and weeks you will likely have less frequent and less intense cravings. 

Jonny84

Nov-12

Very tru -- time to review reasons to quit again!  and Pray!!!!!!

SusanK1960

Nov-12

Hi Jonny,

I’m sorry.  Drink some water, take deep breaths, force yourself to relax and state “ I AM a NON -smoker 5 times, then spell “ I am a NON-smoker” 3 times. 

Susan

SusanK1960

Nov-12

Hi, Expanding on the Hungry, there is also Angry, Lonely and Tired

H. A. L. T 

https://www.verywellmind.com/four-steps-that-defeat-the-urge-to-smoke-2824748

Jonny84

Nov-12

Thank you!  I grabbed a beer about 10 minutes ago instead - lol   But I Said it 5 times and spelled it 3 times.  I'm not sure how I actually made it through that craving - but I did.  Nothing but God on that one!!

That was crazy intense!!!!!!  Wow

Jonny84

Nov-12

Good article - and how tru it is!!!!   Thank you. 

SusanK1960

Nov-12

Yay! I had trust in you looking for help and taking it. 

Whew!  Good job!