About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

15 years   One Year and Beyond Milestones

Started Nov-13 by JayDub (JayDubG); 917 views.
JayDub (JayDubG)

Nov-13

I've never posted here in this forum before. I was a member of this forum back when it was About.com. For those of you here that are having a hard sticking with your quit I want to let you know that it is possible to be a longtime quitter. You just have to want it bad enough. I smoked for almost 32 years and when quit I was smoking 3 packs a day and could barely breathe. It was a way of life for me but unfortunately it was rapidly leading to my death. I had no choice but to quit.

So, being that it was Veterans Day, I forgot about a major milestone on Monday...

My name is Jeff and I'm a nicotine addict. I have been free of smoking for 15 years, 1 Day, 6 Hours and 6 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 951 Days and 9 Hours, I have not smoked 273,954 cigarettes that would have cost me $64,883.22.

This forum and the people in it are what helped me be successful in my journey to quit smoking. I am still friends with 2 of them and we still support each other on Facebook and congratulate each other each year on our quit day anniversaries. 

I sincerely believe that I'm alive today because of the support I received on this forum.

Stick with it and support each other. You will get there if you really want to.

JayDub

Denim50

Nov-13

Hey Jeff, 

Huge congratulations on fifteen years smoke free! Thank you so much for your wonderful and inspiring post. It’s great when others further along, as yourself, stop by and share your stories, experiences, and encouraging words with others here. You provide so much encouragement to everyone following along behind you, hoping to one day reach these amazing milestones ourselves. You said you forgot about your amazing milestone Monday because of Veteran’s Day. Are you a veteran? If so, thank you for your service too. Have a great day and thanks again for sharing this with us.  

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-13

Thank you so much for sharing , I really appreciate it.  Congratulations on 15 years of freedom.  

Belinda2019

Nov-13

Congratulations - how lovely of you to post this for us! 

JayDub (JayDubG) said:

I have not smoked 273,954 cigarettes that would have cost me $64,883.22.

Hi Jay,

Major congratulations on 15  big years.  That's like getting your wings 3  times over. 

Look at all the cigarettes you haven't smoked.  I am at 34,000 cigs not smoked so far.   You are so right.   This forum was the thing that made all the difference  and saved my life.

Great post!!

MarkOU812

Nov-13

CONGRATULATIONS Jaydub

Ovivi

Nov-13

Congratulations Jeff, that is truly a wonderful accomplishment.
At 2.5 months for me it feels like each day lasts so long. 

‘Thanks for showing us it can  be done.

spartanfan

Nov-13

Amazing accomplishment, 14 more years for me and I’ll be there too!  Congrats!!

julie 11.7.18

Arielle2019

Nov-14

Congrats Jeff, that is awesome, well done!!!

This is my first day on this forum and I already feel so much more joy and hope than when I woke up this morning. 

SusanK1960

Nov-14

Nice to meet you JayDub!  Thank you for your wisdom!

Susan

Not smoker as of 10/13/19