About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

4 Weeks Today! Help!   General Chit-Chat

Started Nov-13 by Belinda2019; 612 views.
Belinda2019

Nov-13

Yay! 4 weeks today and I’ve had dreadful insomnia last night and panic attacks this morning. 

Life is so unfair sometimes :(

Trying to find my inner calm, but not succeeding :(

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Nov-13

I feel for you Belinda.  Will say a prayer.

Viv

Hi Belinda,

I had bad insomnia as well - a restlessness.   I started listening to some 8 hour sleep music on U Tube and it really helped me to relax.  How long this lasts is different one from another but it will improve, in time.  All these symptoms ate directly linked to our brain's healing from nicotine addiction.  It takes time but it will happen.

sleep music - Yahoo Video Search Results

Belinda2019

Nov-13

Thanks for your reply. Lol yes, spent most of the night with meditations, but no good :( Literally feel like hell today. Thank goodness I don’t need to work! xx

SusanK1960

Nov-13

Hey girl,

How exciting, 4 weeks today!  Maybe you were just so excited, you slept awful last night??

I’m one month today and you aren’t far behind.  In fact, when you are one month, you will be almost be 5 weeks! 

Remember, you are a not-smoker!

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Nov-13

Hi Belinda,       I don't know where you are ie whether it is night or morning.     It is morning here.  I hope your anxiety is settled a bit.........Debbie is right....quitting is not for sissies.

Viv

Belinda2019

Nov-13

Thanks Viv, it’s 10.30am here in NSW, anxiety keeps spurting up and down :(

Just keeping myself busy and breathing deeply

Belinda2019

Nov-13

Yes! Still a not smoker :)

I posted a reply before but it seems to have disappeared....lots of deep breathing and focusing on NOPE

One month today - you’re a star dizzydizzy

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Nov-13

Yay Susan........4 weeks.     The first weeks are the hardest I think.......you are making it....

Viv