About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nicotine lozenges   Quit Support

Started Nov-13 by Lainie (elaineadele); 209 views.

I am at 2 1/2 months into my quit.  Today was brutal with

anxiety.  Would a Nicolette  lozenge  help calm this.  

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Nov-13

Nicotine lozenges are an aid so no harm in trying one.

Viv

Gwenivere5

Nov-13

I swear by them.  I’ve found I don’t need a whole one as they make loopy.  So I use one for a bit and keep the rest for the next crave.  Have to be careful drinking or eating close to using them.  They can upset your stomach.  I use the 2mg ones.

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Nov-14

Like everything else (including ciggies) i over used the lozenges so i am just on the old willpower and knowledge.

Viv

Hi, i use lozenges.   I was about two months when craving, anxious set in real bad..  was told by a smoking cessation coach to use 2mg lozenges.   That is what i have been doing with great success.  I only use two a day!!  One mid morning and one late afternoon.  Sometimes i only have one a day!!.  I think these lozenges have saved my quit!!!  Just remember to use them wisely ,as we need to quit using them as well.  One person suggested using only part of one lozenge that is exactly what my doctor recommend!!  I will be starting with that dosage today.  Maybe in a short time i will be free of them also!!  

Best of luck

Quit 7/25/19