About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

When the day finally comes   Quit Support

Started Nov-16 by Lainie (elaineadele); 263 views.

How do you feel the first day when these withdrawal symptoms subside?  Does it happen all at once or gradually?

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Nov-17

I think the withdrawal symptoms stop the day you stop thinking about smoking and drooling over the thought of just one.     This is just my experience.      I have had so many false starts this quit has got to be the one.    I had a 2 year quit once and lost it over the just one.

I have only been 2 1/2 months quit but it just feels easier and I think it is because I am not mourning the loss.

Hope your withdrawal symptoms abate soon for you.  My only tips are read lots on the forum and post often.

Viv

quit Aug. 24. 2019

Haajas75

Nov-17

This is hard answer cause no two same...I'm by far no expert but for me once I hit day 6 the hardest of craving subsided considerably at two weeks I know I'll never go back but my biggest issue is insomnia and some listed on here 3 weeks some listed 5-6 months

Prob not answers you want but I believe it's gradual thing

Everyday is easier

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-18

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3) said:

I have only been 2 1/2 months quit but it just feels easier and I think it is because I am not mourning the loss.

I totally agree, Viv.   Grateful to be getting free.

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Nov-18

Glad you agree.  When we went away recently the accom was very flash with  a strict no smoking policy.   My dil insisted on smoking on the balcony   yuk.

Viv