About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I Forgot   One Year and Beyond Milestones

Started Nov-17 by skythrutrees; 302 views.
skythrutrees

Nov-17

that yesterday was my 2 year anniversary. That's progress!  Best wishes to everyone on the road to recovery. The day will come when you'll be so grateful that you're free! ♥

In reply toRe: msg 1
skythrutrees

Nov-17

In two years, I haven't smoked 10,000 cigarettes, a quite astounding number when you multiply it by years...

SusanK1960

Nov-17

2 years is AWESOME!  It’s both amazing and disgusting that 10,000 cigs could be smoked in 2 years!

Congratulations and keep the NOPE!

skythrutrees

Nov-17

Thanks, Susan. I never thought that I'd be one of those "people," but I can't stand the smell of smoke now. A few smokers have passed on in my apartment building in the last 2 years. I could see them going from better to worse in that short time period. I'm really grateful that I quit.

Nice job!! Now you have an 80% chance of staying quit for life. It's such a HUGE ACHEIVEMENT nothing beats this. It proves that we actually can make big time changes and the routine of the quit can be used for other behaviors we want to change. I know that I sure learned what "Patience with the Process" really meant. One day at a time brought you to this point in your life. Congratulations - you sure proved that you are no sissy!

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!' I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

skythrutrees

Nov-18

People on social media say to never give up. Well, I gave up drinking 17 years ago, gave up taking Xanax 25 years ago, and gave up smoking 2 years ago. I'm a quitter!

Thanks for your response, Debbie! ♥

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-18

A big congrats on 2 years free and thank you so much for sharing. 

June2019

Nov-19

That's an amazing list of accomplishments, 1 quit at a time. Very inspiring. Congrats.