About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Phoebemagnolia ~ TEN whole years without a ciggie ~   One Year and Beyond Milestones

Started Nov-27 by Susan1206; 1813 views.
Susan1206

Nov-27

Dear Forum friends ~

Ten years, three days and eight hours ago, I frantically smoked my last ciggie while preparing a Thanksgiving dinner for my family.   There were more than a few reasons why I chose to do this.  I was somewhat of a closet smoker to begin with ~ my grandchildren were now of the age where I surely would be caught sneaking a puff in the garage, my husband's health...could I be an inspiration to him to quit ~ my own health.  

I found the Forum and my Nopevember group.  I hung onto the Forum for dear life, later finding the Sensational Seniors.

My words of advice are simply ~ if I can do this, so can you.  A lifelong smoker really who just tired of it so.  Best decision I have ever made ~ I only wish it would not have taken me forty years to do so.   Now, where is that $18,000 I have saved.  Yes, I still have SQ Silk Quit on my laptop as a reminder!

God bless each and every one of you.   Phoebemagnolia

Brenda (1sept19)

Nov-27

Ten years is awesome, Susan.  Thank you so much for sharing.  I look forward to being 10 years free. blush

Wow -- 10 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! It's so great to see long term quitters come back to post their Quit anniversary dates! It gives new quitters the hope and faith that this addiction can be beat by sticking close to the forum and paying it forward to others. Life truly is so much better as a quitter. I've saved over $13,000 and now spend that money on more worthwhile things like vacations and gifts for my grandchildren who I will hopefully live long enough to see them grow up. Take care and have an awesome Thanksgiving!

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Belinda2019

Nov-27

Thank you so much for sharing - I cannot wait to be where you are now. Stories like yours really help me through the tough moments blush

Susan1206

Nov-27

And, that is why many of us never leave the Forum.  Thank you.  Susan

Susan1206

Nov-27

You are so welcome.  It is worth the anguish of the first few months....even a year if necessary.  I was forever asking when the peace would come....  It did...finally~

Susan1206

Nov-27

Same to you, Debbie.  Yes, wish I knew exactly where the money I saved went.  But for all intensive purposes, it save my life and is so well worth it.  Happy Holiday to you and your family.   Susan

baysedge

Nov-28

Congratulations Susan 10 years a way big milestone!!! Thanks for posting

Congratulations Susan.  10 years is an amazing milestone!

Susan1206

Nov-30

Thanks for your well wishes.  Ten years, indeed.   Thank you to our wonderful Forum/Family :-).

Susan