About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Phoebemagnolia ~ TEN whole years without a ciggie ~   One Year and Beyond Milestones

Started 11/27/19 by Susan1206; 2939 views.
bessert

Jan-17

Susan,

I was just checking in to see if you found out what is causing Finn's lethargy?

Tina

Congratulations on year 10, Susan! I don't check in on the forum too much any more. I remember you well, with your encouraging words to me in the early days and months of my forever quit, which began June, 2011. I also, still have Silk Quit on my computer and am astounded to see not only the money saved, but the number of cigarettes not smoked. 94,000 as of my last check. I could not have had the success that I did without people like you and so many others on this forum Thank you and Stay Strong! RIP  Foster Frank.

Buddy

Susan1206

Jan-20

Thank you for your kind words.  We ALL owe a great deal of gratitude and love to those who helped us along the way.

It's encouraging to me that many of us have remained strong and smoke free because of our attachment to the people on our Forum.  Special thanks to the angels who swoop around and are often not recognized for their dedication.

Yes, I agree that SQ will remain on my desktop forever as a constant reminder.  Now...I wonder where ALL of that money I saved by not buying ciggies is???  

Thank you for posting.  Susan

Susan1206

Jan-20

Dear Tina,

I have a Golden (haha) physical scheduled in February.  Since Finn is involved with the Morris Animal Foundation research with Golden Retrievers, I often keep up with his immunizations but not necessarily a separate physical.  

We are still involved with the program...answering the lengthy questionnaire each year and having the vet do blood, nails, hair, etc. and an extensive physical that goes into the Morris database.

A bit hard to see them growing older....but then...I wonder if he sees that in ME.  LOL

Susan1206

Jan-20

Dear Tina,

I answered you "above".  Perhaps his owner has slowed down "me"....and he is just becoming less physical because of my limitations.  As you may recall, I fractured my femur a few years ago.  And now, the bone-on-bone knee that must eventually be addressed.  Since my marriage, Jim has taken him on the more lengthier walks throughout our neighborhood and weather permitting, my friend and I take the Goldens off leash for a romp with the squirrels.  He loves, loves to chase them.  The next day, he hardly moves.  LOL

Susan