About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

90 days in    General Chit-Chat

Started 12/2/19 by james5040; 367 views.
james5040

12/2/19

Well I never thought that I could make it this far but I am now 90 days into my quit and it feels good. There are already days going by where I barely even think about a smoke and usually the craving passes within 10 minutes. I smoked for 20 years. It gets easier but there are definitely hard days. There is light at the end of the tunnel. This site was a god send for me for the first 30 days.  For those of you that are just starting good luck! You can do this. Just take it one minute and one less smoke at a time. 

June2019

12/2/19

Congrats, James! This is a good motivational post for newbies.Thanks for sharingrelaxed

Ovivi

12/2/19

Congratulations, James! I love your positivity!

SusanK1960

12/2/19

Way to go James!  It is wonderful to read that you are focused on the light at the end of the tunnel and having a fairly smooth ride.  If you get to a hairpin turn that you can’t make, get on the forum and someone will help you!

james5040

12/2/19

Thanks Susan, 

I can’t say it’s been totally smooth but it’s getting better. I really don’t think I could have made it those first thirty days without this forum. The encouragement that people sent my way really helped a lot. Plus I had a place to come and vent with people that understood exactly what I was going through. There were times when the cravings seemed insurmountable and I would jump on here and either start typing about what I was feeling or would start responding to other people until the craving went away. 

MarkOU812

12/2/19

Well done James. I'll keep trying to catch up..... you never let me.

Brenda (1sept19)

12/3/19

Congratulations James.  3 months is awesome !!