About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January 2020 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 33796 views.
SusanK1960

Jun-27

Hi Maja,

Congratulations on another month of being a non-smoker!  You are doing wonderful!

DebraAnne60

Jun-28

6 months - halfway to the clubhouse - WAY TO GO - CONGRATULATIONS - WOO HOOOO

Happy cny GIFs - Get the best gif on GIFER

Majomar

Jun-28

Hey, Susan and Debra, thank you very much!

Yes, six months today... still a challenge, but I'm practising patience.

I went to see my pulmonologist, to do spirometry after almost six months quit, to see the difference and to check on my weight etc.

Spirometry is significantly better. Didn't expect that much difference, cause it never was bad, but some paramters are drastically improved and those that remained almost the same, that's, she said, because I gained too much weight.  I gained 26,5 pounds (12 kg).

So, my next "big" challenge is - another six months, during which I sincerely hope to start feeling at ease, peace... and I hope it will be easier. And then - to lose weight, because it really does influence my blood circulation and my breathing...

It helped to see her and feel a bit better about everything.

Thank you, really, and I hope you're all doing well, stay strong :)

Majomar

Jun-30

Thank you, Debra. How are you doing?

DbAnne

Jun-30

Absolutely terrific - one more day to 6 months and hanging right in there.  I am so happy I quit smoking  I don't care if I vomit for a week or pull out all my hair in stressors (don't worry I am not) I am just so happy I quit smoking.

I am at work at the moment and will post more later.  So happy to see you are also doing very well with your quit.  Way to go.  Hang in there.  It's all worth it in the end game.

Cheers  

Majomar

Jun-30

Great, Debra, so glad to hear you're feeling good about yourself and the quitting process, you set a really good example for everyone :)

It may last longer or shorter but at the end - every crisis will go away and every effort is worth it.

Stay well, I'm really happy about you, too :)

Eve1973

Jul-1

Congratulations Debra on 6 months, you are half way to the Key Club! Keep it up, I have no doubt you will succeed!

SusanK1960

Jul-1

Yahoo kangaroo, you have reached the halfway mark on your journey!  You are doing if awesome!

SusanK1960

Jul-1

Hello Dan,

Congratulations on being smokeless for 6 months!  What a tremendous accomplishment!