About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

January 2020 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 57609 views.
Eve1973

Feb-2

Thanx Anne, yes I’m so friggin happy that I have made it! No peace yet.......but I know that I will NEVER EVER go back! It’s been a roller coaster of all the mental and physical changes! Never want to go through it again! Appreciate the kind words! It’s definitely a milestone that I celebrated!

Anne2020

Feb-3

I completely forgot to mark my 13 month quit anniversary.  Wow, that is so cool.  

CHeers!!! 

Vickie106

Feb-3

Congratulations on 1 year!  Sorry I’m late, but hope you had a great celebration!

Vickie106

Feb-3

Congratulations!  You made it!  I’ve got a long way to go (only 2.5 months in so far) but can’t wait to be where you are now!

Eve1973

Feb-4

Vickie, thank you! You will get there if you guard your quit. Take it one day at a time and say NOPE! I remember when I was where you were and I was so happy that I reached that and then the days piled on and look now.....I have passed a year. 

Know your limits, and keep fighting the Nicodemon!

Msg 5366.647 deleted
Anne2020

Feb-4

Hi Vicki and thanks for your well wishes.  Contrats to you as well on two and half months  - you are well on your way to a lifetime of not smoking.  You have proven to yourself you can do this, now all you need to do is stay the course.   You are through most of the worst part and it all gets better an better as the days, weeks and months go by.   I am sure you know how quickly time can pass - so you will be a year in no time.  Just don't smoke.  Stay with us and keep us posted so we can be here to cheer you on.  

All the best and Cheers to you!!!       

Eve1973

Feb-4

I remember saying that too! See it’s possible. This year has been a turmoil of emotions, adding on top the pandemic. Watched many people fall to the Nicodemon, I’m sad to say. People I really thought would make it. That said if you ever have craves or questions don’t feel like you shouldn’t post......post and responses help you and others! 

Congrats on 2.5 months....... relax and guard your quit. If you focus on yourself mainly, you will be a rockstar! My hardest time was about 3 months in. So always always guard your quit! It’s the most fragile thing right now! Keep up the good job!

Anne2020

Mar-1

Woohooo - 14 months free.....snoopy animated gif on Giphy | Snoopy dance, Snoopy happy dance, Charlie  brown

Eve1973

Mar-1

Congratulations on your achievement Anne!! Yay!