About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

February 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 28476 views.
Craftyhels

Mar-7

So sorry to hear about your brother in law Hapjap, stay strong and keep that resolve xx

Eve1973

Mar-7

Hi Hap,

Hard times for you and the family, just wanted to check in to see how your doing....... hugs

Hapjap

Mar-7

I’m ok. Two grands are here. Took them shopping. I wanted to smoke, but didn’t. My brother-in-laws service is March 25 in LA. I decided not to fly from Florida to LA. I feel bad, but having mild COPD and this virus going around, I just can’t take that chance. How are you doing?

In reply toRe: msg 395
Hapjap

Mar-7

Oh my God, I don’t know how I made it tonight. We’re a at an annual party. Thought I was the only smoker. Nope. Saw them pull out a cig and I so wanted one. Left the party and thought I could stop at the store. Nope. Got home thought about driving to the store. Nope. The entire time I’m anxious as all get out. hubs played  a quilt trip. “You’ve worked so hard, but if this is what you need to do, go ahead.” I took a bath. Omg!!!!!!!! That nasty JT tried his best to trip me up. Glad I made it but I feel so fragile. I really hate the **ucker*****. 

DebraAnne60

Mar-7

You are a star!  Way to go!  sunglasses

SusanK1960

Mar-8

You are a warrior!  Way to flex your quit muscles!

JerseyDee

Mar-8

Hello Dee!  I tried to quit in Feb .. but actually just used that 1.5 week to cut back dramatically .. my official quit wasn't until March 5 .. fourth day today and holding out so far .. so far, so good .. right now just working on diversion techniques ..

Am spending some time reading up on this forum this morning.

I look forward you starting a March 2020 ex-smokers thread so I can join in on that thread .. don't feel it's fair for me to claim Feb as my quit month since I feel victim to sneaking a cigarette or two every day until last Thurs, 3/5 when I absolutely grabbed this monster bull by the horns!

This forum is a tremendous help.  I am utilizing it for ALL that it is worth.  Thanks, Dee

Hapjap

Mar-8

My granddaughter found an old adult coloring book . I forgot about it, but what a great distraction. We’re going to the beach. It was supposed to be 70 but the high will only be 64. My grands will love running around and I’ll sit in the sun. Be strong today. You can do this.

Jatchat

Mar-8

Hi Jersey Dee

The March Quitters Folder is here

http://forums.delphiforums.com/quit_smoking/messages/5368/6

Kind regards

Anthony

In reply toRe: msg 401
Jules55

Mar-8

Ok - today marks 4 weeks since I quit!  

I smoked my first cig when I was around 14 years old.   Back then there was actually a smoking area at my high school/junior high school where students could smoke, no parents note needed. 

By the time I graduated high-school I was a fully addicted daily smoker.   I then went on to smoke a pack a day (or more) for the next 40 years.   I've never known a single day as an adult without smoking.

I was one of those people that thought it was impossible to quit, it just would never happen.    Now it's been a month!   I can't really believe it.

I don't yet feel like an "ex-smoker" or a "non-smoker".   I still feel like a smoker who isn't smoking right now.   My brain still keeps trying to talk me into having one every day, and sometimes it feels like I could just light up as if my last one was an hour ago.      But I already feel my breathing getting better, my lungs healing,  I don't stink, my clothes don't stink, my car doesn't stink.    I no longer am concerned about how much I smell like cigarettes when meeting people.  I've already saved hundreds of dollars.  I'm not giving my money to companies who pedal death for their personal profit.  There are SO MANY reasons not to give in to that horrible addiction.   

I'm still shaky enough with this quit where  I won't get cocky and say it's behind me forever - but I've gone a month now and I'm kind of proud of that.   I know I won't smoke today at least! 

Stay strong everyone!  Put that habit behind you.   Some of the others in this group have to be getting close to hitting their 1-month marks as well.   How is everyone feeling?