About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

February 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 31953 views.
SusanK1960

May-10

Hey Jules,

Congrats on another month of not smoking!  Great job!

Jules55

May-10

Thanks so much for the well-wishes!   It's amazing to have hit the 3-month mark, something I once thought impossible!

I really couldn't have done it without the help and support of all of the fine people on this site, so THANK YOU!.  Quitting smoking turned out to be a much

tougher, more difficult, and longer process than I thought when I started out.  Initially when I started quitting  - I thought if you made it 2 weeks or so you were done with the process.  LOL!! I had no idea.   It takes a bigger strategy than I knew when I first stubbed out the last one, and the wonderful people on this site gave me the help and advice I needed. 

You've all been amazing.  Thanks again for the support you've shown.   I hope everyone is well! 

Smoke-free since Feb 9, 2020

• Edited May 10, 2020 11:05 am  by  Jules55
DebraAnne60

May-10

Way to go Jules, 3 months is excellent work.  You are well on you way but guard your quit well, be prepared and hang in there.

Congratulations GIFs | Tenor

Majomar

May-11

Congratulations, Jules :)

I understand you, I too had no idea :D I asked a friend how long did it take him to feel OK - he said three days :D

Yes, it takes a bigger strategy and I found information on the internet and on this forum to be crucial for this journey to make sense and to be able to stick to it.

Really, well done, just keep going, three months is huge, I'm happy for you.

Eve1973

May-11

Great sorry I’m late for the party! Good job!

SusanK1960

Jun-1

Hi Eve,

4 months and two days ago, you quit!  You are doing awesome!  

Eve1973

Jun-1

Thanks Susan! Yes ecstatic! Still feel like a newbie at times, with the cravings. But getting easier to push down! 

How are you doing?

JerseyDee

Jun-1

Sorry I missed your anniversary marker Eve

Congratluations.

In reply toRe: msg 578
Eve1973

Jun-8

Hey February quitters and anyone else reading this!

UPDATE: Went back to work today, since March 23, wanted to let you know I was only about 7weeks into my quit so was definitely still struggling with thoughts/ cravings etc. But today got through the WHOLE day not even an inkling of thinking about smoking. I didn’t even realize til end of day when smelled my supervisor. He smokes. I was like wow, u stink! Didn’t say out loud! 

*Side note, I ate mints and gum through out the day, maybe they were craving, but just popped some in and moved on like a habit. Maybe subconsciously they were cravings but I didn’t even put it together as a craving. Hope that made sense. 

Yeah! Hope the rest of week the same!

DebraAnne60

Jun-8

Hey Jules, tomorrow you reach 4 months!  How you doing?  I trust you are holding up and looking forward to celebrating another milestone!!!!

Way to go!