About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

February 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 31924 views.
In reply toRe: msg 578
Eve1973

Jun-8

Hey February quitters and anyone else reading this!

UPDATE: Went back to work today, since March 23, wanted to let you know I was only about 7weeks into my quit so was definitely still struggling with thoughts/ cravings etc. But today got through the WHOLE day not even an inkling of thinking about smoking. I didn’t even realize til end of day when smelled my supervisor. He smokes. I was like wow, u stink! Didn’t say out loud! 

*Side note, I ate mints and gum through out the day, maybe they were craving, but just popped some in and moved on like a habit. Maybe subconsciously they were cravings but I didn’t even put it together as a craving. Hope that made sense. 

Yeah! Hope the rest of week the same!

DebraAnne60

Jun-8

Hey Jules, tomorrow you reach 4 months!  How you doing?  I trust you are holding up and looking forward to celebrating another milestone!!!!

Way to go!

Jules55

Jun-8

Hi DebraAnn -

Thanks for reaching out,   I haven't been onsite much for the last several weeks. 

I'm still staying solid and not smoking - although occasionally my brain tries to tell me I should start again.  Of course that just gets ignored.  The company I worked for ended up going under due to the Covid-19 thing, so I've been unemployed, which adds a degree of stress to life (but also takes some away, oddly enough).   Anyway - I've been working on years of neglected landscape and home-repair projects around the house to keep me busy. 

How are you doing with your quit, and life in general?  I hope all is well. 

Jules 

DebraAnne60

Jun-8

I am doing great with the quit.  5 months and days.  I also get the odd nudge but fairly easy to ignore so its all good.  Nice that you have some time to yourself to do landscaping and projects.  These types of things are great for taking you out of yourself.   I dont recall where you are located, but how is the weather your way?  I hope it cooperates with your time off.  

Cheers 

SusanK1960

Jun-24

Hey sweetie,

Happy 4 months! Can you believe you are one-third of the way to the clubhouse?!  Those physical craving will turn to thoughts soon and will decrease with each day that passes. Did this last month feel a rollercoaster, both physically and emotionally.  If so, the next month will be a tilt a whirl, a smoother ride with a couple of spins!

DebraAnne60

Jun-24

4 MONTHS - WELL DONE! Hang in there.

Firework holidays lists GIF - Find on GIFER

Loreficent

Jun-24

Ha! 
Thank you so much! Except...I get seasick on all those rides.ugh.stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes
Just getting home from work and still have a couple hours computer stuff to do to finish up. That’s ok...will be done in time for a nice summer night walk!

Thank you!

Loreficent

Jun-24

Thank you DebraAnne! I’m hanging...it’s a thin thread at times, but soon enough will be a big thick rope!

Thanks again!

Eve1973

Jun-27

Just posting some stuff that has me not wanting to smoke but I guess more of how huge this addiction is. 

Been back to work for 3 weeks now, of course been seeing more people outside. Meaning just random people smoking as they walk (usually I smell it before I see them) and the other day I saw someone take a drag and on impulse I inhaled too without the smoke. Weird right. Yesterday I saw a cigarette on the ground, a full one (must have dropped it from pack). Of course my 1st thought was to pick it up and smoke it. I didn’t but I was astonished that the thought entered my mind. Even after all these months. 

I am not sure when the thoughts will go away, but I am determined to not let my addiction win. This is definitely a tough road, but I think the more determined you are and if you have the support you need, you can defeat it! 

Also yesterday’s episode of just seeing the cigarette probably set me off subconsciously and made the dream happen. No worries I survived the dream! I will just chalk it up to the nicodemon trying to coax me to back “to the OTHER side.”

CC to JerseyDee
Jatchat

Jun-29

Congratulations Lore,

Four months WOW!

Kind regards

Anthony