About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

February 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 36355 views.
ChrisMH

Jul-22

Thank you. I'm doing well. Havent had a single puff since February 1.  Still amazes me how out of no where the thought comes to mind but I know I just need to move on and it will subside.  I have succeeded so far and its been the cold turkey method.  In the past I tried the patch or lazenger type method.  This time I wanted nothing to do with the nicotine which probably made it tougher in some ways but I knew I had to deal with the lack of sooner or later.   It will will cool when I complete this 6th month.  Hope all is well with you.

kittymom413

Jul-31

Hi there, Eve,

Congratulations on being 6 months smoke free !!!tadarelaxed

Have a fantastic weekend,

(((BIG HUGS)))

Kitty cat

Eve1973

Jul-31

Thanks so much Kitty! When did you have that “peace” people talk about? I gather it can be anywhere from 10 months to 16 months. 

I will so give myself the time to experience it, just curious! 

Have a great weekend!

kittymom413

Jul-31

I quit on 09/25/2015 & my daughter was married on 04/28/2016. I actually didn't think about smoking the entire weekend, not sure if I felt peace, mostly I felt strong & in control. I believe that the peace came around 1 to1 1/2 years after quitting. There are times when I think about smoking only because my neighbor smokes & I can smell it. Most of the time I smell the smoke & it turns my stomach, but there have been a few times where it actually smelled good. It didn't trigger a craving, but it sure made me feel good about being a non-smoker! Whenever I do think about smoking I remind myself what I went through to get to where I am today. If I ever do start smoking again & know that I will probably never quit as I never want to go through "hell week" again.

I hope this helps. If you ever have any questions I'm usually here every day to pledge NOPE or send me a private message. Just know that you are a rock star, you are kicking the nico-demon's butt!! Have a great weekend,

Kitty cat

Eve1973

Aug-1

Thanks Kitty, 

I too smell the smoke sometimes and at times smells good and other times it smells horrible! But mostly I just don’t want to. It’s a fantastic feeling knowing you don’t want to. 

Thanx for the kind words and support. I will definitely keep that in mind! Have a great weekend! 

SusanK1960

Aug-1

Hey Chris,
Your hard work is showing!  Congratulations on being smoke free for 6 months!! 

ChrisMH

Aug-3

Yes indeed I did. Thank you for the recognition Susan.  Will you be a year in October?

ChrisMH

Aug-3

I was cleaning out my car a couple of days ago.  It was on my 6th month quit anniversary.  I found a full clean, fresh and still in one piece smoke lying in front of me in the trunk.  I did not give myself time to think all the things I just described.  I picked it up and crushed into the garage garbage can.  Easier than it was but I still have those moments and I think oh, come on, enough already.

Keep it up. You got this.

Eve1973

Aug-3

I understand completely. It does get easier, but sometimes the nicodemon throws us a curve ball. There has been moments where I don’t think about it. So keep on doing what you are doing! We will be at peace soon. 

SusanK1960

Aug-3

A few months ago, you might have lingered over the thought of keeping that cigarette “just in case”!  Yes, about 2.5 months til I reach the clubhouse, however, that is just a line in the sand at this point.  My brain is still readjusting at times, but the last month has been an improvement.  Just keep in the faith!