About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2020 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 14212 views.
Jatchat

Mar-6

Thats impressive Lon thats over a generation has passed between you and the last cigarette, very motivating.

overdoz

Mar-6

thats a lon time

DebraAnne60

Mar-6

please say you never get a craving to smoke

DebraAnne60

Mar-7

Don't panic and think you're failing because you want a cigarette. Think of that inner chatter as a sign of healing, because that is exactly what it is.

Jatchat

Mar-8

Yes, that's what it is, healing chatter, monkey madness, I have my Reasons for quitting by my side, This is what freedom is all about you have to fight for it.

Thanks DebraAnne

JerseyDee

Mar-8

Been posting on this forum A LOT over the past few days.  Official quit date: 3/5 .; on fourth day puff free.  Looking for other 3/2020 quitters so we can encourage each other through this process.  Please post here if that's you!  

Jatchat

Mar-8

Hi JerseyDee,

Congratulations on Day 4. it's a start and your over the first of the Icky threes, I quit again yesterday and I'm through fooling around with quits and am serious about this one. I currently have 19 hours quit time up on this one. I am confident at the moment and am in the process of educating myself about quitting, I have 31 reasons for quitting, a lot health related and using Allen Cars positive mindset benefits of quitting as a re-enforcer, Read and Post is good advice the more we remain connected to this goal of quitting I believe the more success we will breed. Sounds like you are coping well, the more distractions and rewards we can find the better. I am currently compiling a list of triggers that I can avoid if possible until I am stronger in this quit.

Keep up the good fight Jersey Dee

Kind regards

Anthony

JerseyDee

Mar-8

Hi Anthony .. good for you in getting to hour 19 .. it is not easy but it is possible.  I made it four days and I am more than determined to make it to 4 weeks and then well beyond.  i have many reasons to quit . heck, we all do .. what are the real reasons not to .. it is a disgusting addiction ..

Let's keep each other motivated as we start off this journey together .. We CAN and WILL beat this !

• Edited March 9, 2020 10:47 am  by  ModDee
Jatchat

Mar-8

Thanks for replying, I applaud your determination, with that mindset, success is assured. Knowledge is power and today I plan to read some more on this addiction, plus attend a group all who have the common goal of getting rid of this monkey on our backs. I am drinking water glass after glass flushing out the system, and popping the occasional sugar free mint, The go to vibe in this group is great and I enjoy engaging with and sharing our struggles, power to the people.

Kind regards

Anthony

overdoz

Mar-8

We have to keep trying. I just made it to a week quit yesterday, i have a friend of mine that also quit last week so we are keeping each other accountable. Its hard but its harder smoking, i have been really exhausted today, could be from the tequila last night. I have had many one to three week quit time frames, trying to make this one the last one. 

Overdoz quit 02-28-2020