About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2020 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 16445 views.
Jatchat

3/8/20

Thanks for replying, I applaud your determination, with that mindset, success is assured. Knowledge is power and today I plan to read some more on this addiction, plus attend a group all who have the common goal of getting rid of this monkey on our backs. I am drinking water glass after glass flushing out the system, and popping the occasional sugar free mint, The go to vibe in this group is great and I enjoy engaging with and sharing our struggles, power to the people.

Kind regards

Anthony

overdoz

3/8/20

We have to keep trying. I just made it to a week quit yesterday, i have a friend of mine that also quit last week so we are keeping each other accountable. Its hard but its harder smoking, i have been really exhausted today, could be from the tequila last night. I have had many one to three week quit time frames, trying to make this one the last one. 

Overdoz quit 02-28-2020

Jatchat

3/8/20

Congratulations Overdoz, I'm at 1 day just clicked over,  Yippee, now to march on to my second day, Take care my friend and I wish you well

Sabra2020

3/8/20

Hi Dee- this is Sabra- dont know if you remember me- I have set a quit date for 3/14 - havent smoked a cigarette in 7 years but havent been nicotine free- I vaped- I now want to quit those and be truly nicotine free- am I welcome to share or do you know of a resource where I can be part of? 

Meppie

3/8/20

Hey JerseyDee!! I’m on day 4 today too!!! Cravings were still there today but maybe not quite as bad as the last 3 days. I can’t help but to miss it, especially driving longer distances but man oh man the blessings are worth far more to me!! I am going to keep pushing thru!!! My body simply could not take smoking anymore...I started feeling sick to my stomach every time i smoked!! And i was tired, dragging, unmotivated, etc etc etc!!

Keep going....you got this!!!
Meppie

Loreficent

3/9/20

Anthony I so admire your tenacity. 
How do slips start for you or is that too much to talk about? I completely understand if it is. I’m struggling a ton today a start of week two so was curious what flips the switch for some of us.

Jatchat

3/9/20

Thank you Lore,

I don't know about you but the trigger for me last time relapsing was trauma related, past trauma resurfacing, I thought I had dealt with it but I guess there is unfinished business, then their is the addiction, which of course if you relapse is a separate issue. I have been taking care of myself and growing stronger over this past few days,, so happy to say that I am now into my second day quit.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Anthony

JerseyDee

3/9/20

Hi Sabra .. no time to talk right now .. have to get going off to the gym .. will write you more later today .. but it is good that you have a quit date set up of 3/14 .. you will be right on my heels .. keep in touch and let's keep each other on track .. WE CAN DO THIS!   Vaping is no good either : ( .. I know it was initially marketed as a quit smoking option .. very tricky marketing .. that stuff is bad news .. you can break free .. sorry you got hooked on it : ( 

JerseyDee

3/9/20

Good Morning Meppie!  So good to hear from you .. we are both March 2020 quitters then!  Today I am going into day 5 and feeling great so far this morning.  Taking in nice clean fresh air free of pollutants!  We are both healthier already just for breaking free of the crap for the past few days .. the world is our oyster now! ..

Yes, car rides can be challenging .. I chew bubble gum when I need to take long car rides now .. they do help.  I get extra sugar free bubble gum by the massive amount at the dollar store.  Cheap and easy way to help those habit/cravings with car rides .. I recommend trying that .. you can blow bubbles and distract yourself .. it works for me!

Speaking of car rides .. I have a shorter .. 15 min one ahead of me here in a few mins for a ride over my gym this morning.  I pop in a piece of nicotene gum before i leave for in the morning and chew on it all during my workout .. I am reliant on NRT right now .. one in morning, one after lunch, and one at dinnertime ..

Not going to come down too hard on myself for that right now .. it IS Getting me through for now .. I will work on breaking off that new habit I have formed a few weeks from now.

Very sleepy and yesterday was emotional.  Cravings come in waves but beating them.  Excess time and boredom was an issue this weekend but beat that too thanks to this board.  I am indebted to the other boardies here.

I am so happy to have met your acquaintance in that we are doing this in the same time .. let's plan to keep track of each other and support each other through this entire process.  Deal?

Have to run for now but will be back on later today .. write back with an update from your end .. look forward to hearing back from you.  Have a Happy and Smoke Free Monday morning.  WE CAN DO THIS!  - Dee

ModDee

3/9/20

Hey there Sabra,

Welcome home.  It's so good to hear from you!   Yes. I do remember you.  You were trying to quit with the aid of the e-cigarette.  I'm happy to see that you're not giving up taking your life back!  While you're waiting for your March 14th quit date please feel free to reacquaint yourself with articles in the smoking cessation library that will benefit you.  You can start here.

Best wishes as always.

(((Hugs)))