About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2020 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 16446 views.
In reply toRe: msg 237
ModDee

Mar-31

How to Bookmark a Thread

To to bookmark a message:

• Go to the bottom of the post you want to bookmark.
  • At the bottom right find the "Reply" button.
  • Hover your cursor to the left of the "Reply"  button
  • Find the "Bookmark this message" symbol  just to the left of the "Reply" button.
  • Click on the bookmark this message button.
  • You will receive a pop-up message that will say

To find your bookmarked messages

• Look to the left at the DISCUSSIONS section.
  • Click on the drop-down menu in grayed area immediately beneath the word DISCUSSIONS. 
  •  You will see a menu that contains items like, "7 Days back", "2 Days back", "Unread Msgs", "Unread to Me" etc.  Look all the way to the bottom, the last item has the bookmark symbol  and the words "Bookmarked Msgs"  your saved bookmark messages will appear here ...........just click on the one you want to view and it opens with your post. When finished reviewing, click on your browser back arrow key to go back to where you were. See the example graphic below.

Jatchat

Apr-2

Hi Dee,

Thanks for the info

Today marks 2 weeks quit, I am considered a health risk because of my age while Covid 19 rages around the world,, hence I am in Lockdown, which has it's advantages, One is that I can't go out and buy smokes. It also raises the question why are cigarette shops an essential service, they are still open in Australia, when the Prime Minister has called for all non-essential services to close down? Any way I am pleased that I have reached this mile stone and I would encourage others to ditch the cigs because smokers are vulnerable to the virus.

Kind regards

Anthony 

Two weeks, 0 minutes and 2 seconds. 434 cigarettes not smoked, saving $546.27. Life saved: 1 day, 12 hours, 10 minutes.

• Edited April 2, 2020 3:08 pm  by  Jatchat
DebraAnne60

Apr-2

Chances are they are still open for the same reason the Liquor Stores and Beer Stores are still open.  

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 2 WEEKS - YOU ARE OWNING THIS - JOB WELL DONE

KEEP ON KEEPING ON!

I want to make gifs : HighQualityGifs

Jatchat

Apr-2

Thanks DebraAnne,

The only reason I can see that they are still open is that they come under the classification of Convenience stores, How inconvenient!!

Thanks for the support DebraAnne, It's great to be able to come online and post and get such great support.

Kind regards

Anthony 

JerseyDee

Apr-2

Theyvarevstill being sold in convenience stores here still. I think the state wants the tax dollars .. How disturbing.

Congrats on week 2 Anthony. You CAN do this!

Jatchat

Apr-2

Hi JerseyDee,

Thanks for the compliment, It's getting easier, I find myself going longer and longer without NRT.

Thanks

Anthony 

• Edited April 6, 2020 11:00 pm  by  Jatchat
DebraAnne60

Apr-9

Sooo, Three Weeks 

In reply toRe: msg 244
DebraAnne60

Apr-9

Stars Glitter gifsFIRST ONE HUNDRED DAYS TOMORROW!!!!Hooray GIFs | Tenor

Jatchat

Apr-9

Hi,

Crashed out again B4 the three weeks at 18 days, came off the NRT to fast, put myself under pressure/temptation. But I will not let this defeat me. moving on now to the next quit. Congratulations on 100 DAYS.

Jatchat

Apr-9

Happy Easter to the Forum