About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

March 2020 Ex-Smokers   Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 16517 views.
Eve1973

Apr-9

Hey......ok dust yourself off and learn from this. 

what temptation/ pressure did u expose yourself too?

i would stay on the NRTs as long as you can. Are you still going through the pandemic there? If so then just give yourself some time to get through that 1st! That’s my thoughts. 

When are you trying again?

JerseyDee

Apr-12

Anthony -- You were only quit 18 days why did you stop with the NRT's already? .. I am not following that.

I am going on 6 weeks quit this Wed night and I am STILL on gum and plan to be for quite some time yet.  Maybe even stay on it for as long as this lock down goes on for .. and in hearing my Governor talk that may be for a whole extra month even after May 1 .. 

Gum. So be it.  At least i am not lighting up.  Chew usually 3 a day .. may start to wean myself to 2 consistently in a week or two .. but am not going to go off it and risk not being able to handle a craving.  Just no way.

Next time stay on those NRT's for much longer.  I don't 18 days enough .. did you at least try to go to replace them with bubble gum or lollipops or something else?

Good luck. I think you have been at this for quite some time.  I wish I and others here could find the right words to help you stay on track.  

Jatchat

Apr-12

Thanks Dee,

For your concern, I went off the NRT and went on to mints. Not good enough. I am back on Patches and Lozenges. Ill discipline, gets me every time, I'll try harder this time. The NRT is good.

Stay safe from CoVid 19

Kind regards

Anthony

Loreficent

Apr-13

Ok Anthony, so, that is one more thing learned and I’m glad to hear you aren’t giving up.

You can do this. There will always be a “Last one” and there will never be the right time. I know if I waited until I “wanted to quit” I never would. I think it was Susan that told me early on for me that it was gonna take a combination of things, and she is right. It’s taking resolution, determination, desire, support, NRT for me, endless self talk, sleep, meditation, walks, and the list goes on quite some time. 
Im fortunate I don’t have anyone around me that smokes, which is huge too.

Anyway...I do think that eventually something is gonna click in you. In the meantime, keep on going and keep on here. 

Loreficent

Apr-13

I believe in you Anthony. I just know that your gonna get over the hump. I think it’s important to acknowledge too that for all the days you made it there was some healing done! 
Just keep going. That “click” will happen! 
Just curious... did you notice any difference in your pain in those 18 days? Did you sleep more?

Jatchat

Apr-13

The pain increased when I was smoking, yes I slept more while not smoking. two good pluses.

Loreficent

Apr-13

I sleep more, and much better not smoking too. I don’t think it’s just nicotine withdrawal as I’m using NRT. I do think I used to wake up because my body and sleeping brain knew it was “time to smoke”. 
Wonder if the pain was worse because of circulation related things...? I don’t expect an answer on that Anthony, just kind of makes a bit of sense. 
Have a wonderful day Down Under!

JerseyDee

Apr-16

Hello Loreficent -- I just noticed your comments to Anthony and wondering if pain/smoking/circulation.

Some of my chronic pain is brought on by RSD (circulation issues) and there has been some decreased stinging in my legs and discoloration in them since quitting .. I know it is because my circulation has been greatly improved.  Just thought I'd add in my personal experience to this thread for what it's worth.

Loreficent

Apr-16

That’s great news!

Smoking is definitely tough on circulation, so it doesn’t surprise me you are noticing improvement. Yay!