About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

April 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 31052 views.
In reply toRe: msg 30
KalyaRed

4/3/20

Hello

It's been three months since I quit my last quit. I'm getting ready to fight again. I tried to re read the easy way - it gets hard when you almost know the book by heart after some attempts - and I've been preparing. I still don't feel ready, but I'm jumping in anyway. I loved being a non smoker, I'll never be a happy smoker again. I want my freedom back. Starting again. 

Thank you everyone that keeps helping here. 

I just smoked my last cigarette. Let's do this. 

Ana

KalyaRed

4/3/20

Hi, 

How's your quit going? I'm hoping you keep going :) 

Ana

DebraAnne60

4/3/20

Girly GIFYou just made the best decision of your life.  Cheers!

KalyaRed

4/3/20

Thank you Debra, 

I'd forgotten how good it feels to get a reply from this forum. You're past your three months mark now, congratulations to you! 

Ana

slowblumer

4/3/20

KalyaRed said:

I'll never be a happy smoker again.

Hi Ana,

Welcome back.  You are so right about not being a happy smoker after a successful quit. It's like we had a taste of freedom then lost it.  The good thing is that you were successful before and can be again.  

JerseyDee

4/3/20

Hello Ana.  You did it .. you got through 3 months .. now dust yourself off and get right back on that horse again.  You have probably learned a thing or two about yourself since your last quit .. especially in that you can never, ever have another puff of a cigarette again as it is just a slippery slope to imprisonment all over again.

I am only 4 weeks in and still very much getting my footing but I am proud that I have gotten this far.  I have found this forum a couple of weeks before I quit and it has been an extremely useful in my quit with so many supportive posters here.

We are stronger with each other.  We can do this.  All of us.  We will kick this thing for good.  

Wise idea to have put out your last cigarette.  It is timely especially now with what is going on in the world .. you NEED good clean lungs to beat this thing should you contract it.  Be smart and safe.  You go this!

Look forward to hearing back. 

- Deana

3/5/20 Quit killing myself

KalyaRed

4/3/20

Hi Marge! 

Thank you so much! That's right, I can be successful. As long as I don't quit quitting. This will be hard work being locked inside. But I have to find a way out of this prison somehow. It feels good to be back :) 

KalyaRed

4/3/20

Hi Deana, 

That's the name I want to give a child if I ever have one. It's written Diana in Portugal but it sounds like Dee-ana. 

This whole crisis is exactly what opened my eyes again. I thought wow, I was almost four months into a quit and gave in just in time to be in a risk group. I was so proud of having quit, why did I give up my freedom? It gets tough sometimes but you are right - we're stronger together. This feels like coming home a bit. 

I hope you keep it up! :) let's do this! 

JerseyDee

4/3/20

Hi there .. You can do it again ... This time for good! 

My name is actually pronounced Dee na .. Not Dee-Anna ... Two n's here would make it that way ..

A lot of people get it wrong though ;) 

Nice to meet you Ana. What is the weather like in Portugal right now?

KalyaRed

4/3/20

Dee-na sounds just as beautiful :) that would be Dina in Portugal. 

We've been oscillating between warm spring days, sunny but cold days and lately cloudy cold days! Do you use the imperial system? I can't learn it no matter how hard I try. Today the sun came to pay us a visit. We go to our window for at least 15m a day to get some sunlight - it's crucial for processing serotonin. It's about 12 degrees Celsius at almost 10pm so it's ok :) 

I'm starting my 4th week locked inside - my husband is starting his 5th - we're lucky we can work from home. 

I'm planning on a lot of fitness blender YouTube videos to keep me sane! 

I hope you're safe where you live!