About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

April 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 29487 views.
In reply toRe: msg 359
KalyaRed

5/4/20

Good morning! 

7.30 in Lisbon and the sun is shining. I came here to celebrate - I just made it through my first month free :) 

I'm really happy! I will spend the whole day celebrating. You are all in my thoughts.

Ana

Jatchat

5/4/20

Congratulations Ana on one month smoke free Whoopee!!! Reward yourself your worth it.

Kind regards

Anthony

KalyaRed

5/4/20

Thank you Anthony!! 

I'm very happy to have made it the first month. I'm grateful to be in such good company for this journey! 

Let's keep going! 

MichaelaOana

5/4/20

Congratulations, dear Kalya! Keep the good work.

KalyaRed

5/4/20

Thank you so much, Michaela! 

You keep going, from the moment we decide to quit smoking the first time we never go back to being a happy and mindless smoker anyway. 

Trust me, this first month wasn't easy, especially having only left the house 5 times. I even cried - and I don't cry easily. 

I hope to never stray from my quit again. 

Guard your quit as Jeff says :) 

Jatchat

5/4/20

Indeed! onwards and upwards

slowblumer

5/4/20

Hey Ana,

Jeff's advice is a good one.  Congratulations.

One big month     

KalyaRed

5/4/20

Hi Eliza, 

I get lost on the conversation too! Especially when I have too much work and then when I come back all sorts of new things have happened and I can't always keep track! 

My husband has been smoking less, the smell of cigarettes is really terrible! It's becoming less of a challenge since I acknowledged that he's a smoker and I've got nothing to do with it. It's not in my power to control his smoking. The only thing in my power is not smoking!

I'm allowed to yell, cry, pick fights, think my life has no meaning, wallow in self pity - I'm just not allowed to smoke. Funny, I could never cry until I stopped smoking! 

Even if I get a craving - that's the nature of my addiction. I use that quote a lot too, when I get a strong craving. I have those "just one" thoughts and have to remind myself that it will never be just one! 

You're over the second of the icky threes right? 

We're doing it :) 

KalyaRed

5/4/20

Thank you so much for all your support, Marge! 

It gets to Lisbon intact! :) 

candrew

5/4/20

Eve, great reading your post. You could not have come at a better time. I have been floating for the past ten days since I quit, it's been easy until this afternoon. I experienced cravings like never before. The trigger was simply driving past the local convivence store. Fortunately I kept on going but it's not to say I came close to foregoing all  the work I have put into this thing, almost 6 months. What is six months compared to the rest of my life? No comparison.

Yes, I need to spend more time on the forum. Thank you for your invitation and encouragement, and all the people on the Forum that we can share our experiences with this devastating disease. 

Candrew