About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

April 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 29509 views.
Eve1973

5/4/20

Candrew,

Glad you drove right by.....yes those sneaky cravings/ junkie thinking can pop up at any moment of the day! Guard your quit with every thing you have in the arsenal and you know whatever you’re feeling will pass eventually! It’s very very hard at times.....I know from past experiences, but I breathe easier every day, don’t use my inhaler as much and I have much more energy than before. Things are looking up! I want you to be here too! You can do this! Again just try and stop by every day at least once. Call it a smoke forum break! you are doing great, but stay close! 

Be safe and smoke free! Eve

Elizaquits

5/8/20

Hey! 

Please pardon the delayed response, I haven't been on lately.  I totally get what you mean about crying - it was never my release.. yet, during my quit - I have cried once or twice (if not more) a week!

This week has been much better- in retrospect it was the worst leading up to week 3. I went back and read the icky three's and had a better understanding of why. To answer your question, yes! Over the second of the icky threes - today is actually 1 month!  Forgive me, where are you at time wise?

And yes, we are!! Cheers!

In reply toRe: msg 370
Elizaquits

5/8/20

Hey everyone! 

Long time, no chat! Just wanted to say hello and make sure everyone was doing well :)

KalyaRed

5/8/20

Happy first month Eliza!!!!

Good job!! I'm on day 35! In about two hours I'll be on day 36! I haven't been on lately either! I actually forgot the day I was in!

I guess that's a good sign - it's mostly because both work and personal life have been demanding but also, if I really needed it I'd come ask for help! 

So yeah, we're doing it! 

I've started a workout program on my favourite fitness site too. I'm loving it! I haven't lost any weight but I also haven't put on too much weight - about 3 pounds in a month being totally locked inside seems a good deal. 

As Jeff says - guard your quit. This is a beautiful mantra to a beautiful journey. 

The first few weeks were hell for me too but it's soooo much better now. I'll have to remind myself of this when it gets worse again!

Cheers from Lisbon! 

DebraAnne60

5/8/20

A STAR IS BORN!!!  Congratulations Eliza - you made the 1st month of the rest of your non-smoking life.

Sparkly Sticker for iOS & Android | GIPHYWAY TO GO - YOU TOTALLY ROCK

Loreficent

5/8/20

There you are!

Wow!!!! A month! Woohoo!! Big congratulations to you Girl!! Go Eliza Go!

JerseyDee

5/8/20

Wow ... A month Eliza .. That is fantastic! .. Would attach a cool gif here but I am in my phone at work and can't figure out how to copy and paste gifs from phone.

You need to celebrate tonight! ... Get take out from your favorite restaurant and enjoy! ...

I remember being really excited when I hit the month marker .. Felt like a real accomplishment ..

You are doing this. You are winning! ...

As far as the tears .. Yup ... Did as well but haven't lately ... It is amazing what we go through as we detox from thr junk ... I truly do not believe that scientists even truly know exactly what it does to our minds .. What a cruel nightmare being addicted to that stuff truly is. Should be illegal.

SusanK1960

5/8/20

Eliza,
Getting to that first month is HUGE!  You should be so proud of yourself! Did you have a reward list made yet for each milestone you hit?  You should.

Elizaquits

5/8/20

Thank you! Yay to day 36!! 

I know what you mean about time - yesterday, today, and tomorrow are all that really matter anymore!

Would you mind sharing the workout site? I've been watching workout videos on tv/youtube but am always looking for a suggestion. Yes, 3 pounds being locked inside with food is not bad at all! Especially when you add quitting into the equation! It makes me think of this meme that said "PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit - yoga pants will have you believe all is well in the kingdom"   I laughed so hard - it's SO true! : )

In reply toRe: msg 378
Elizaquits

5/8/20

Thank you SO much ladies!!  - I almost can't believe it is real and that I am doing it!! 

I also want to say thank you for being a part of this forum and my quit! I look forward to reading everyone's posts and always appreciate the insight and wisdom :)

I look forward to conquering the next steps together!