About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

April 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 31365 views.
KatieKat84

Apr-20

Hi,

I’m sorry your thoughts have been dominated by smoking the past couple of weeks. As others have said it is unfortunately part of the addiction that we can still have these thoughts long after we stop. Maybe you had your sights set on getting to one year and now that you have achieved that you have to adjust to a new phase of your quit?

I found things continued to improve a lot between years 1 and 2. After 2 years I felt so much more confident in my quit and hardly thought about smoking. Have you seen on this forum being 2 years quit is called ‘getting to the clubhouse’? I think there’s some statistic like you’re 80% likely to remain smoke free forever if you get to 2 years. In any case it felt like a refuge to aim for!

It’s only junky thinking that’s making you consider smoking again, that it wasn’t so bad etc. You know it does absolutely nothing for you!

Congratulations on being 1 year quit.

Katie

Quit 4th March 2017