About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

May 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 18391 views.

Hi Deana! You can call me Eugene. I am from the Philippines. 

Thank you for the words of support. Will definitely keep in touch through my journey.

- Eugene

Day of Love 4/28/2020

JerseyDee

May-2

Good Morning (7:47 am here in east coast us at least).  Are you native Filipino or a transplant?  Someone my dad knows a man who just a had a baby with a young Filipino woman. 

Funny story: he is in his 60's, she is her 20's .. he met her online and has been there to visit her a few times.  She just had the baby last week and he is planning on retiring there in a few years.

I know you have a real hurting economy in some parts of the country.  He is middle class here but said he will be extremely rich in the Phillipines.

Funny story this guy and his much younger online baby mamma.  He is an odd duck.  You guys can keep him!  LOL

Have a pleasant smoke free day.  Keep in touch.

Both my parents are Filipino and I was born here in the Philippines. You are absolutely right, we are a third world country and poverty is a problem. Indeed funny that I am wasting a lot of money in cigarettes despite financial difficulties. Maybe this is a good motivation to stop :) 

- Eugene

4/28/2020

JerseyDee

May-2

Hello Eugene.  Yes, smoking is a real financial drain.  I have saved over $600 already in 2 months time of quit.  That is rather substantial in my book.  They were $8 a pack when I was buying them but a week after I quit NJ had a price increase in them and they went up to $10 a pack .. I literally would not have been able to afford to smoke at that point.

As motivation to your quit think of all the money you will save and what you can do with it instead!

A friend of mine from high school's father was Filipino and mother caucasion/American .. i believe parents may have met in college.  Father a Dr/MD and mother a nurse.  They were a well respected family in the town.  I have no idea if the Phillipines was in a such a financial shape when the father was a youth there as it is now.  The father, if he is still a alive, don't know -- lost track of old friend, would be in late 70's, early 80's by now.

Have you ever been to US?

Nope62

May-2

HI!, Glad you are here! If you are trying to quit smoking, or you have already quit, and trying to maintain your quit, this Forum is a helpful place to be. Lots of Great People with good advice. You can come here and get advice form people who are going though what your going through, or have already been through it. Lots of information on all aspects of quitting.

Are you already quit? If so, how is it going?

I'm on the 19th day of my quit and have gotten much help here! I'm thankful!

Guard Your Quit!

Jeff

No, I haven't been to the US, Deana. My brother works in Long Island New York as a nurse though. He is married to a beautiful doctor, and they have already three kids. 

If you covert cigarette price here in the Philippines to USD, it will be around 2USD. It's still a  big chunk in my monthly earnings.

Hi Jeff! Im already on my 6th day of quit (almost done with hell week :)) I'm having a lot of vivid dreams, and sleep is awful. This maybe is is the reason I'm still awake at 145AM (Philippine time). 

It's more difficult for me to maintain quit because my mother likewise smokes. Especially with the present quarantine situation, I always see her smoke, and this adds to my craving!

Thank you for the kind words! Hope I can be of help to you too.

Eugene

4/28/2020

ModDee

May-2

Hey there Rich,

Good to see you too.  9 Years!

Love ya back!

(((Hugs)))

ModDee

May-2

Hello Eugene!

Welcome to the forum and welcome to May 2020 Ex-Smokers group. This discussion is a buddy group for those who quit smoking this month. You'll find lots of information and tips. The more you know about this addiction and how to remain smoke free the better your chances of success.

If you haven't done so yet I'd also like to invite you to join in our Daily NOPE Pledge. NOPE stands for Not One Puff Ever. Every day members get together from around the world at all stages of quitting to pledge a commitment to remaining smoke free. One member starts the thread and the rest join in. You can find it in the DISCUSSIONS column on the left under General Chit-Chat.

Best wishes as you contine your cessation journey.

(((Hugs)))

• Edited May 2, 2020 2:12 pm  by  ModDee

Thank you so much Dee! Its 228AM here in the Philippines, so I started the May 3 NOPE pledge already :)

Im finding many links and threads here inspiring.

Thank you for taking time to welcome us!

- Eugene 4/28/2020