About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

May 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 20523 views.
ModDee

5/2/20

Hey there Rich,

Good to see you too.  9 Years!

Love ya back!

(((Hugs)))

ModDee

5/2/20

Hello Eugene!

Welcome to the forum and welcome to May 2020 Ex-Smokers group. This discussion is a buddy group for those who quit smoking this month. You'll find lots of information and tips. The more you know about this addiction and how to remain smoke free the better your chances of success.

If you haven't done so yet I'd also like to invite you to join in our Daily NOPE Pledge. NOPE stands for Not One Puff Ever. Every day members get together from around the world at all stages of quitting to pledge a commitment to remaining smoke free. One member starts the thread and the rest join in. You can find it in the DISCUSSIONS column on the left under General Chit-Chat.

Best wishes as you contine your cessation journey.

(((Hugs)))

• Edited May 2, 2020 2:12 pm  by  ModDee

Thank you so much Dee! Its 228AM here in the Philippines, so I started the May 3 NOPE pledge already :)

Im finding many links and threads here inspiring.

Thank you for taking time to welcome us!

- Eugene 4/28/2020

JerseyDee

5/2/20

Oh your brother is an American now and you have never been?  You have to put that on your list when this corona situation is done.  Parts of Long Island are very nice and you could also see New York City while there.

$20 a pack is absolutely outrageous.  What an incentive to quit.  That alone would be enough for me.

Hope your newly started quit is going well today Eugene.  You can do it!  Stick close to this forum .. we will all catch you if you feel you are going to fall.  This board has been instrumental in my quit.

- Deana

3/5/20 - Found my path to freedom

Thanks much Deana! Its 804am here in the Philippines. Just had a big craving after breakfast! But was able to fight it. Keep safe!

- Eugene 4/28/2020

JerseyDee

5/2/20

Good Morning! (evening here) .. yes, cravings after meals can be rough for certain.  I am usually good in the mornings now but do have craving still after lunch & dinner .. I am using gum though to combat that.   Are you doing this quit cold turkey? .. no NRT use? .. if so that is really fantastic.

Read up on some tips people try look cold water through straw.

I have found working out and lots of walks help to get my mind off smoking.   I take one usually twice a day during lock down but will be going back into the office to work starting on Monday so my walking will be limited until after work only going forward .. but working out *is* a big distraction for me and I highly recommend it. 

I also do yoga and meditation and find that helpful.  When you have a little free time review the threads on this board for good tips in getting through cravings.  And just yell out to us when you need to.  I found the first week to be the hardest .. it does get easier after that .. promise.  Hang tough.

Rich (lexx0)

5/3/20

Yes, nine wonderful years thanks to you and everyone here ;D

Love ya back ;D

Rich

Rich (lexx0)

5/3/20

Hey Doug, great to see you here. I wonder, are we just that needy to stay quit, or it another magical reason?

EIGHT is awesome and I'm glad your health issues were nill. I'm currently struggling with arthritis, both neck, and hip. Getting a shot in the hip on the 13th.  I hope I can resume riding my new cycle on the 14th!

Peeps, the money I am saving on cigarettes (2pks a day) has paid for everything fun I buy now. Hang in there, grit and bear, and you can conquer your inner beast by visiting and posting here msg after msg. If you have a tip for someone suffering, jump right on in. We found out that just posting every day helped with all the withdrawals. If you can stay quit the next 30 days, chances are you can make it all the way.  The first few weeks are tough but I just suggest you read all the guides and post an SOS if you're getting ready to drive out in the middle of the night to buy a pack.  Good luck all.  Us oldtimers are watching and avail if you need a tip, etc. ;D

Cheers, Rich

In reply toRe: msg 26
MichaelaOana

5/3/20

Hello everyone. I will give another try to be smoke-free, this time better prepared, with the learned lessons from past mistakes. It took me almost a month to prepare my self, to read again and again lots of materials on this forum. I am glad I could jump in!

I am 3 days smoke-free and using NRT, autohypnosis on youtube, and an app named Smoke Free. Of course your support and understanding.

Let's do this relaxed

slowblumer

5/3/20

Hi Michael,

Welcome back and good for you in jumping back in.  Just read this quote last week - don't know the original author but so true.

"A winner is a dreamer who never gives up".