About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

May 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 17455 views.
Elizaquits

Jun-2

Good morning Peggy!

No, I did not do that when I was growing up! I don't know where that came from!

I used to steal my mom's as well! Granted it was for my friend, at that point I didn't smoke yet. That is too funny about your parents getting in an argument for the butt you threw! Did you ever confess?

Yes - a day without a craving is one to be grateful for! How are your patches working out?  

Aww, what is your pups name? I bet she was thankful you got that extra hair off!

I hope you have a good, craving free day! :)

DbAnne

Jun-2

A STAR IS BORN - CONGRATULATIONS ON ONE MONTH ANTHONY - WELL DONE!!

Sparkly Sticker for iOS & Android | GIPHY

Jatchat

Jun-2

Thanks Susan,

Yes one month, it feels great, the pic is awesome.

Kind regards

Anthony 

slowblumer

Jun-2

Hi Anthony,

Beautiful star.

Jatchat

Jun-2

Thanks Debra

Yes the first of many stars I hope, a star is born, among a galaxy of quitters, proud to be on this journey with you all.

Kind regards

Anthony 

Jatchat

Jun-2

Thank you Marge,

Just one but it's a start, the road is long with many twists and turns, happy to be on this journey of self discovery with you.

Kind regards

Anthony 

Elizaquits

Jun-3

Anthony,

Congratulations!! I hope you treat yourself somehow! That, and I am looking forward to celebrating many more accomplishments together!

All the best,

Eliza

Nope62

Jun-3

Congratulations on your one month of being free from the slavery of smoking. I'm sure you will add many more months and years to this one.

Take Care!

euknight

Jun-3

Hey Eliza.....

Lol....no I never confessed to the 100s of butts....Sorry to say I was not the confessing type in those days.  That was experimental smoking back then.

Did I tell you I had a terrible reaction to the brand name 21mg?  On the 3rd day I was on the floor dripping in sweat with miscarriage level nausea.  (....I know weird example but that’s the worst level I have had before).  Also some digestive bizarre things.  My friends said to go to the 14s or go off them.  I took a break for a day then went to 14s.  I was so sick I didn’t want to smoke anyway.....which is unusual for me.  When my docs nurse got back to me she said to definitely go to the 14s.  Been ok since  then.  Doc said higher doses of nicotine could “ accelerate  digestion “. I’m telling you.....bizarre!!!  

Thanks for asking.  Haven’t told anyone on the site yet so will cc.  Craves not as sharp but there.  Recognizing them and acknowledging what the feeling is and taking alternative measures.  Most the time am able to identify the feeling and trigger.  Not so much at first.

How about you?  What is it like for you now?  What have you been up to?Oh...also tell me your quit date again.  It is May, right?

That dogs name is Tabitha.  I call her Tab.  She is sleeping against my calf right now.  Precious girl.

Have a beautiful smoke free day!!

Peggy

5-8-20

CC to Loreficent