About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

May 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 36379 views.
euknight

Apr-13

Oh thank you Susan!!  Love the Care Bear.  Very apprapo...really what better self care is there but to quit smoking??  How is everything in NM?  Are you working from home??

Your encouragement means so much.  Thank you again.  Hugs to you

Peggy

5-8-20blush

Eve1973

May-8

Congratulations Peggy!!

You Did It!!!

You made it! You should be so proud of yourself!

Thanks for taking the ride with us! You made the journey a much easier process. Over this year you handled all the trials and tribulations that happened with grace and determination. You didn’t give up and knew that smoking would not take the pain away. Hugs to you on your VERY SPECIAL DAY! 

Any plans today?

In reply toRe: msg 389
MichaelaOana

May-8

Dear Peggy, congratulations! And thank you for your kind words and support! 

Thank you all. 

I am one year one week and one day smoke free. 

Loreficent

May-8

WOW PEGGY!!! Warrior WOMAN!

CONGRATULATIONS! hibiscussunflowerroseblossomkissing_heart

I am so so so PROUD of you! Not only that, but so happy and blessed to have met you and the rest of this tribe. Yes, together we are stronger. You have had so many challenges this year, on top of the “norm”. The deaths of so many loved ones...so many heart breaks and tears...and yet...you persevered. Yes, with grace and determination, focus and fortitude, you are here with us one year later. Just wow. I’m very happy to see you make this special milestone. 
Keep showing the World what you are made of Peggy Love. It is truly something special and gifted. 

Love you so much! Dance Peggy dance! Always as if nobody is watching.

kissing_heartkissing_heartkissing_heart

SusanK1960

May-8

Happy First Anniversary Peggy!

Welcome to the 7% club! It has been a pleasure being a part of your journey and to have an enduring connection with people you have only corresponded with, yet share in their happiness, pain, struggles and wins! 

“If I have JUST ONE, I will be back where I started and where I started was Desperately WISHING I could be where I am today.” 

This motto keeps my impulsive-self reminded of my endeavor and also  reminds me of my tribe and forum friends because we have all been there!  

euknight

May-9

thank you Susan!,  It has meant so much to me to have your support and the tribe for sure!!  You always have my back and I so appreciate it.  A wise thing to say...like what you just said......

“If I have JUST ONE, I will be back where I started and where I started was Desperately WISHING I could be where I am today.” 

So verrrry true.  That was a miserable place to be just wishing it would go away.   I see so much change, not just physically but mentally.  Nicotine places a REAL veil over the ability to think straight.  I think of all the things I put off to take time out for a smoke.  It really just colors your world in grey.  What a blessing to have all my senses back.  Nico demon stole those too.  The effects are far reaching!!

I still like to hang around smokers...I like the smell, just not on my person, in the car, in the house.  To put one in my mouth would be like cutting off a limb and hearing the heavy metal prison door shut....so to this I have no interest.

This forum is a lifesaver.  Thank you my sweet NM girl for the congrats, for your sobriety and for caring.  

Have a beautiful smoke free day

Hugs...

Peggy

5-8-20sunflower

Eve1973

Jun-7

So I know I’m a day early.......but I’m sure that you will be smoke free!!!! So Congratulations for reaching 13 months!

Not sure how you are doing, but I know I STILL think about, and OMG, over memorial weekend I was with sister and others who smoke and the URGE was so overwhelming that I picked up the CIG and just pretended again. Mind settled down and again walked away smoke free. 

Hey I don’t recommend this mind game, but for whatever reason it works for me. Still chewing gum, but I’m smoke free! So it’s worth it......now really gotta try to lose this damn weight!! 

Cheers Peggy! 

Loreficent

Jun-7

Yeah...just keep walking away Eve. As Katie said, “Don’t look back there is nothing to see!” Don’t you love that? I do. 
So...you like to live on the edge and flirt a bit with disaster, eh? flushed Does this mean there is a Thelma and Louise scene in our future some day in that road trip? Ack! 
Seriously...yeah. Thoughts linger for me at times too. Just thoughts. I got 4 pieces of nicotine gum left. Expired maybe, or close. There in the event of absolute breakdown, and maybe they will never be opened. I will say the thoughts have taken a turn the last week or so. Now they are kind of...flat. Not an urge feeling to them. For now anyways. 
I think the important thing is to keep in mind this is a process. Who care how long it takes to get “there”. Don’t we have the rest of our lives? For me I’m hoping that’s a good while yet! Time will go by either way. I think I wrote some last year about giving Father Time a run for his money on this. Well, I’m still doing it and that old fart will not catch me today! joy

Anyway. Here is validation Eve that you are normal. In my book at least, for whatever that is worth, hahaha! 

YES!!! 3 big cheers for Peggy!! She the WOMAN OF THE DAY! kissing_heart

Wait...The Woman of Tomorrow!joy

euknight

Jun-15

Thank you my precious Eve.  Gosh this has been a week ago.  Time just flies for me these days!!  How did we get here....just one step at a time!,

So am so thrilled to have 13 months acknowledged.  You ladies are the best and as I look back I see I missed Lore’s 12 months congrats and Oana!,  Geez...losing my mind.  I hear ya on the urges.  As always...so blessed to not be alone in that.  Been there too.  In retrospect, I am going to venture to say it may be influenced by the change in season from spring to summer.  I had a tough time from Winter to spring for sure.  We are addicts....what can I say?  Just yahoo you didn’t take that toke, right?  Love ya gal and many thanks again.

Hugs

Peggy

5-8-20

euknight

Jun-15

Hey my gorgeous OR friend!!

Can you ever forgive me for totally not seeing this post from LAST MONTH.  Ditzy me.crysobtired_face.  I apologize.  My lifesaver friend wishing me congrats on a year.  Thank you Thank youinnocentgrinningscream.  You are the best, my most thoughtful, eloquent, off the charts smart and honest friend!  Heck this whole tribe is fabulously honest!,!, We are incredibly blessed to have each other for sure.  To be given a friendship with a quit buddy...what more could we ask for?  I would have not gotten to this point.....

How grateful I am also thru the challenges of this year, heartaches we could lean on each other in the midst of staying smoke free.  A miracle, no doubt in my mind.  Oh how desperate I was to stop...... Going thru hell with friends across country is a most incredible, difficult, but worthwhile journey. You rock sista.  Luv ya!

Hugs

Peggysunflower

5-8-20