About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

May 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 17616 views.
In reply toRe: msg 4
ModDee

12/3/19

How to Follow a Discussion

Want to know if someone posted in your buddy group? Get email notifications on any specific discussion you wish to follow.

1. Click on your profile pic in the upper right hand corner.
  2. From the drop-down menu select “My Preferences”
  3. Scroll down to “View Zeta as Classic”
  4. Check the box before “View all Zeta forums in Classic”
  5. Select “Update”
  6. A box will appear “Success”. Click “OK”.
  7. Return to About Smoking Cessation Forum. Note: It will look vastly different.
  8. Select the “Messages” tab to show the folders.
  9. Go to the Discussion you want to follow.
  10.  Select “Subscribe” in the upper right directly across from the Discussion name.
  11.  Select how often you want to subscribe. Then click “Subscribe”.
  12.  A Subscribe box will appear. Click “OK”.
  13.  If you have other Discussions you wish to follow, repeat Steps 9 thru 11.
  14.  Select “My Preferences” at the top of the screen.
  15.  Scroll down to “View Zeta as Classic”
  16.  Check the box so it is now empty
  17.  Select “Update”
  18.  “Success” box. Click “OK”.
In reply toRe: msg 5
slowblumer

Apr-30

Rich (lexx0)

May-1

Hi Dee!  Glad to see you're leading another May group ;D  Can you guess how long it's been for me this month?

I'm doing well and thought I'd stop by and say congrats to the new group for the best decision they will make in life.

Love ya

Rich

Douglas8845

May-1

Hey Rich, 

Good to see you here! Glad that you're doing so well.  Next July 23 at 6:26 PM Eastern time I will begin my 8th year smoke free.  When I recall the year we quit and the struggles of all our buddies in the group I really appreciate  the bond and camaraderie we all shared.  As we used to say, "Keep on keepin' on"!

Thank you for the introduction! Hope I can join the May 2020 quit group :)

In reply toRe: msg 9

Day of LOVE 4/28/2020

JerseyDee

May-2

Hi there!  Congratulations on your commit to quit.  You can do it .. we will be here for you.  This board is helping me get through this quit in ways you can not begin to imagine.

Stick close to this board and read & write.  You can do this!

- Deana

3/5/20 - found my path to freedom

Hi Deana! You can call me Eugene. I am from the Philippines. 

Thank you for the words of support. Will definitely keep in touch through my journey.

- Eugene

Day of Love 4/28/2020

JerseyDee

May-2

Good Morning (7:47 am here in east coast us at least).  Are you native Filipino or a transplant?  Someone my dad knows a man who just a had a baby with a young Filipino woman. 

Funny story: he is in his 60's, she is her 20's .. he met her online and has been there to visit her a few times.  She just had the baby last week and he is planning on retiring there in a few years.

I know you have a real hurting economy in some parts of the country.  He is middle class here but said he will be extremely rich in the Phillipines.

Funny story this guy and his much younger online baby mamma.  He is an odd duck.  You guys can keep him!  LOL

Have a pleasant smoke free day.  Keep in touch.

Both my parents are Filipino and I was born here in the Philippines. You are absolutely right, we are a third world country and poverty is a problem. Indeed funny that I am wasting a lot of money in cigarettes despite financial difficulties. Maybe this is a good motivation to stop :) 

- Eugene

4/28/2020