About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

June 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 17470 views.
TinyBadger

Jul-9

I agree with you and think that the support here is crucial for me to quit smoking. I have been here often, and I think that even if I don't post on a topic, it's helpful to read and learn from everyone else. On a side note, my husband keeps waking me up between 130 and 3 am because he wants to smoke. We have ice cream and watch videos, visiting all the while. I get him a cold drink and a straw and get him comfortable. It's killing me, though. I feel like I'm not getting good rest but I don't want him to smoke. I'm on day 29 and he's right around that 3 week mark, cold turkey. Sheesh. Normally I'm the pampered princess, but I'm doing some serious mothering now. I was mulling it over and (I'm NOT being religious) mother earth or the universe or whatever is taking me down a notch. Throughout my addiction, my husband has been the cigarette runner and go to guy. I don't know how to work my washing machine. No joke. Since I was engaged, I haven't done laundry. He likes doing it so he does it. He gasses my car, I can't tell you when the last time I pumped gas. In my defense, he wants me to make bread and jam, can peaches and pickles, etc. We share cooking and cleaning duties. I am a Suzy homemaker in many areas, so I'm not completely resting on my laurels. So I'm thinking that the universe is saying, hey there. You. Maybe you should give a little here and be the support your husband needs so badly. Maybe you should put forth some effort and do something without thinking of yourself. Man, though, this is hard. Sleep interruption can get you a little kooky. I'm always on time and have been cutting it really close getting to work in the morning. I am holding strong and doing my best. The patch is really pulling me through, I don't think I would have made it this far without it. I have been taking long walks, mostly uphill, with the dogs. However, today I took the easy route because I'm so dang tired. The walks do help though. I'm just waiting to be strong enough to walk at work, past the smoke cloud of the current smokers.

TinyBadger

Jul-19

How are you holding up? You still quitting? I know you're busy, but drop us a line and let us know you're ok.

TinyBadger

Jul-19

How's your quit going? Anything we can do?

TinyBadger

Jul-19

You hanging on? 

TinyBadger

Jul-19

You still with us? How's the quit going?

TinyBadger

Jul-19

Hi kittie! What's new with you? Still quitting?

TinyBadger

Jul-19

You still holding strong? What can we do to help?

TinyBadger

Jul-19

Hi Dotti! What day are you on now? 

Tabitha1104

Jul-19

Had some slip ups..but still determined!! Thanks for asking! And you? 

TinyBadger

Jul-19

Still working on quitting. Some days have been a little rough, but I'm determined, like you! If you want to quit, the best you can do is to keep trying. I guess some people on here have taken ten or so attempts before completely quitting. I'm probably on my thousandth. I'm hoping this one sticks.