About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

June 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/3/19 by ModDee; 15541 views.
TinyBadger

Aug-8

I got them yesterday! So good. We got nuts, half popped corn and a couple samplers. My husband loves nuts! I owe you big time 

xvaper

Aug-8

Happy to share!  I get smoothie stuff like crispy chick peas and coconut. powder, i blitz them in the blender with fruit and oat milk, so. good.

I just came back from visiting my good friend, who is a light smoker but regular weed smoker.  She does it the European way mixed with tobacco. Normally I would take a drag, but. I said no, I cant because it has nicotine. She doesn't really smoke much straight cigarettes, maybe two a day, but the temptation was there, because she always has a pack, and normally I would bum a cigarette off her. I did not ask. Of course if I did she. would have. refused because she supports. me quitting, but still.  Another friend was there who is quitting  today by using the patches. She was smoke free for two years, then had one and went back to chain smoking. We talked a lot about quitting and nicotine, but the more we talked about quitting the more we both got the pangs. She went to get her patch but I just waited. I still wanted one when I got home but now I am ok. I feel like I passed my first test.

SusanK1960

Aug-8

You did pass with flying colors!  

TinyBadger

Aug-8

You did pass a test! You're so strong! I'm glad you didn't smoke. You were brave and committed, holding fast to your quit. I think even if it was just straight up weed it may have made you want to smoke a cigarette, too. At least it would for me. I can not emphasize enough how great you did! 

xvaper

Aug-9

Thank you dear!! I hope it works well with her girlfriend quitting. She was smoke free for two years and then she was moving out of her apartment and found her 'emergency stash' of cigaret and told herself, I will just have one to reward myself. That was enough, she was chain smoking again.

xvaper

Aug-9

Thanks! much appreciated.

TinyBadger

Aug-18

I think we lost a lot of juners....

xvaper

Aug-18

Did we? Thats sad. But they can always jump back on..In any event we are still here. HOW WAS YOUR TRIP??

TinyBadger

Aug-18

So the trip was better than I thought it would be. I left Friday afternoon and I got back late Sunday, but Monday I did some sleeping and had a bunch of appointments do I didn't log on here. Today was my first day back at work. Anyhoo, it was at a campground but my husband did a fabulous job researching this place and it was tent only no electricity, so that ruled out the RV crowd. He also got a spot that was a little way in the forest, away from other people. We couldn't hear or see anyone, and we had to lug our stuff up a dirt trail. Right on the lake, too. Surprisingly, I didn't think about smoking too much. I woke up before 7 each morning which is unheard of for me. I drank hot tea and read until my husband got up. We had great meals and talked and hiked up a few hills. Lots of deer, chipmunks and toads. I admit I had to pop a lozenge immediately after waking and I had to have one after lunch and dinner. I only had three per day, and I'm calling that a victory. I think getting away helped, honestly. It sounds super lame but bring away from the ability to buy cigarettes, as well as a change of environment was good. I won't lie and say I didn't think about smoking, because I did. On Saturday after dinner I was getting pretty ancy. But my husband took me up the hill and we came back and lit a fire and made smores. When I woke up in the mornings I wanted to smoke pretty bad too. I just kept drinking tons of tea and reading. And looking for more toads. The lozenges really saved my bacon. I don't know how well I would have done without them. All in all it went well and I'm glad I went. If anyone here has the chance, I highly recommend getting out, even if only for a bike ride or a walk to the grocery store. I found it peaceful and restoring, healing and confidence building. I CAN do things I want to do without having a meltdown and smoking. I CAN rethink who I am now, and i am joyously becoming. 

xvaper

Aug-18

That's absolutely fabulous. You were so nervous about the trip and it actually helped. You stuck to tea and patches and were not consumed by the cravings. Sounds like your husband is very supportive. People always say, go outside, do't stay indoors all the the time, and its true, but then I forget...until the next time I go into nature and then i say, why an I not doing this more often?

What did you do with the toads you found?